The Wedding. 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 !

BONUS CHAPTER !THE WEDDING

BONUS CHAPTER !
THE WEDDING

in the year: 1968

     "I'M in a wedding dress...I'm in a wedding dress." Jalan mutters under her breath. Her golden eyes travel down to the diamond ring Rosalie put on her finger. "Is this really happening?"

Imogen chuckles, "Don't worry, I was the same way with Emmett." She curled her last strand of hair. "I was in awe for months, it felt amazing...it always will." She admires her memories.

Alice comes skipping into the dressing room, "you guys almost done?" She smiled brightly at Jalan, who looked spooked. "Everyone's ready."

Imogen squeals, sitting down at the curling iron, "This is so exciting." She jumps up and down in her heels.

"Wait." Jalan cuts in, "Can I have a minute?"

Alice and Imogen share a look before nodding. Alice grins as she takes Imogen's hand in her own, "Don't keep Rose waiting for too long." She shuts the door behind them.

Jalan looks in the mirror, a small look of distress on her face. For some odd reason, she wanted to cry, she wanted to break down in tears.

She stands up from her seat, picking up the ends of her wedding dress. She walks over to her jacket and digs into the pocket to pull out a small piece of wood that was carved out into a crescent moon.

Jalan tried not to think about her past much or not at all. She hated everything about being human...

Almost everything.

Her past love...Celia. Jalan knew she would never stop loving her. It was them that started it all, the reason the events that occurred after was like a domino effect.

It's weird to think about—what if. What if Celia had lived, what if they'd escaped together? It felt wrong to be thinking about her at a time like this. Jalan loves Rosalie and will always till her last day on earth.

Rosalie is The Great Love Story.

Celia was The Tragic Love Story.

And finally, Jalan was ready to let her go.

Jalan wrapped her fingers around the small wooden crescent and crushed it using her strength. As soon as she let her past fall into the trash, she felt her emotions shift.

It felt as if years of anger and sadness lifted off her chest. She could taste the bittersweet on her tongue.

She takes one last glance in the mirror and as she does, she hears a knock at her door. Jalan lets them enter.