Dinner and Elephants

(POV:Reader)

After getting back to the hotel quickly, thanks to Lucius driving Jack-Jack and I back, I helped set up the dinner table as Helen ordered food. She had given up on cooking for the meantime as cooking in a hotel was no fun, especially with not that many cooking utensils.

-"Did you wash your hands?" Victor asked Dash who prepared to grab an eggroll.

-"With soap?" Dash had gone to wash his hands quickly and came back, but went a second time after not using soap.

-"Did you dry them?" Dash shook his hands vigorously, sticking his tongue out at Victor as he finally got to eat the eggroll.

-"What? Is this all vegetables? Who ordered all the vegetables?" Dash asked, looking at the white boxes of chinese takeout.

-"I did, and you're gonna have some" Helen scooped some onto his plate, getting a groan in disgust and annoyment from Dash.

-"Are we going to talk about it?" Victor asked as he played around with the vegetables on his plate.

-"What?" Bob replied, although it sounded a bit weird with his mouth full of food.

-"The elephant in the room"

-"What elephant?"

-"I guess not then"

-"You're referring to today" Helen cut in.

-"Yeah, what's the deal with today?" Dash asked, as he slowly scooped some vegetables back into the takeout container.

-"We all make mistakes"

-"For example, you three had to take better care of Jack-Jack, he could have gotten hurt with all the passing around"

-"Babysitting, while you guys get all the important jobs" Victor scoffed a bit.

-"We talked about this, you guys are old enough to decide these things"

-"But we are old enough to help out" I told them, remembering that we were allowed to help fight Syndrome.

-"Yeah, aren't you glad we helped out today, dad?" Victor added, asking Bob who always said yes to his children when put on the spot.

-"I-well...yeah?"

-"You said that you were proud of us"

-"Well, yeah, I was...I am!"

-"We want to fight bad guys!" Dash cheered, and was followed by Jack-Jack's babbling in agreement.

-"No, you don't!" we all turned to Helen who crushed the idea of us being supers again.

-"But you said things were different now," I reminded her.

-"And they were, on the island"

-"But I didn't mean that from now on-" she was cut off by Victor.

-"So now, we've got to go back to never using our powers"

-"It defines who I am" Das stated in a deep voice to which Bob and Helen didn't notice.

-"We're not saying...wait, what?" Bob finally noticed and gave Dash a questioning look.

-"Someone on T.v. said it," he shrugged.

-"Can we just eat? The dinner, while it's hot?" Helen was probably growing frustrated and tired of the conversation.

-"Did we do something wrong?" Dash asked, a bot timidly.

-"No!/Yes!" Bob and Helen gave each other a look as they had given different responses.

-"We didn't do anything wrong"

-"Supers are illegal, whether it's fair or not that's the law"

-"The law should be fair, what are we teaching our kids?"

-"To respect the law!"

-"Even when the law is disrespectful?"

-"If laws are unjust, there are other laws to change them otherwise there's chaos!"

-"Which is exactly what we have!" Helen slammed her hands against the table, ending the conversation after what Bob had said.

(A/N):

Don't know if it's just me but sometimes I feel like Y/n shouldn't pipe into conversations, then again you should just watch the movie if she didn't make comments so...eh

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!