Chapter 40

-ROCCOS POV-

I wake up in a daze, my eyes lurking around the room only to see plain white walls.

I furrow my eyebrows as I look down at my arm, not missing the IV sticking out of it.

Everything is blurry.

"Rocco?" I hear my fathers voice say.

"Yeah?" I rasp out. My throat dry.

He chuckles in relief. "Jesus." He whispers. "Go get the doctor alessia."

She quickly rushes out of the room and a few minutes later she walks back in with the doctor and my brothers trailing behind them.

"Your not dead." Giovanni says.

"He looks like it though." Carlos mumbles. Dante nudges him in the rib, Carlos rolls his eyes with a sigh.

"Glad your okay." He says.

I grin. "Of course I'm okay." I tell him. The doctor lifts by bed up and carefully removes my shirt to check my wound.

I can't help but notice how beautiful this women is as she starts to examine my body.

At the corner of my eye i see Giovanni with an amused expression as he glances from me to the doctor.

"What's your name?" I ask her.

She pauses before looking up at me.

"Elaine." She says.

Beautiful name.

"Well Elaine, could I get your number?" I ask.

She sighs. "The only number your going to get is my work one, you can call me whenever you need help with your wound." She tells me before walking out of the room. But before she leaves she respectfully nods her head to my parents.

I like her.

I smirk. "She definitely wants me."

"Yeahhh. No." Dante says.

My mother smiles and rubs my shoulder. "I'll get her number for you hun."

"Mom." Carlos says.

She shrugs. "What? I want a grandchild." She says.

Dad watches her with a smile. "She's right, we're not getting any younger."

"Shit.. don't look at me." Giovanni scoffs.

I chuckle but i quickly stop when I get a sharp pain in my stomach.

"Ah, your not gonna be able to laugh for a few days I guess." Dante says.

"That's going to be impossible, I find everything funny." I tell him.

My dad shakes his head with a sigh.

"Let's get back to the house, we're going to be leaving tonight." He says.

"Gonna miss England." I say.