A diary

(Y/N) POV:

I was preparing to move to the orphanage by packing in my room. Grace Field , he mentioned. I'm curious about the surroundings there. A home filled with lively children and a welcoming atmosphere. Being raised in an orphanage rather than having to learn about the real cruelty in the world must be nice.

In this lab, I was born and raised. Nothing but brutality occurs in my presence. But I won't easily forgotten how my own brother's brutality that day. How he allowed those creatures to consume the body of our own mother.

A book suddenly fell off the bookshelf as I was packing for my books, creating a loud sound as it hit the mosaic tile floor. I looked down at the book before picking it up from the floor. I could tell it was an old book just by looking at it. It's chipped and filthy. The dust on the book cover made it difficult to read.

I cautiously opened the book to inspect the unknown book in my room before my eyes widened and tears started to formed. "Mother-" '(M/N)'s diary' was written on the first page of the book, which I am unable to read clearly because the sentences are smudged with coffee stain. I sat on the edge of my bed, wiping away my tears, attempting to encourage myself to read the diary before a soft knock was heard my bedroom door.

Before uttering words, I wiped any remaining tears from my face, eradicating any evidence of my crying and put the book beneath my bed. "Come in."

A woman in her early forties slowly opened the unlocked door to my room and flashed me a soft and genuine smile. "I heard you'll be leaving tomorrow evening , is that correct?" she started. Grandma Sarah is acknowledged for her rigorous personality, which enhances her value as a Grandma. Grandma Sarah is an elderly woman with short and curly grey hair. She has a large and rounded nose, wrinkles, and fairly plump lips. As an elderly woman she wore standard uniform for Grandmas, which consists of a black dress with a high collar.

I nod slowly as a reply before I continue to pack my stuff. "Brother told me I'll be leaving with an adult , who is she if I may ask?" I inquired gently. Even if Grandma has a soft spot for me, I have to maintain my politeness. Even when I don't intend to be a caretaker, I must keep my manners in order to improve my qualifications.

"Her name is Krone. You'll address her as Sister Krone since she'll be assisting the caretaker in the Grace Field."
She replied gently. "And one more thing (Y/N)-" She added as the tone in her voice changed immediately. "Please keep an eye on her since she could be causing some trouble." She finished.

I turned around once I finished my belongings and softly smiled before nodding. "I understand exactly what you're stating." People are insanely obsessed with status and power. They would go to any length to survive in this world. They are foolish and arrogant given that they allow their fear to control them.

"Then I'll leave for now, and I'll see you tomorrow. Make sure you get enough of rest." She pats my head and smiles softly before walking out of the room. I picked up the book below my bed and turn off the main light in the bedroom as soon as I was certain she had left.

3rd person POV

To be honest, when she saw that book, she had no idea what to anticipate. Sure, she was overwhelmed and excited to read this book since she knew it was her mother's diary-but the fact that she have a twin sister is unexpected. Nobody ever told her that she was supposed to have an additional sibling.

She stares at the birthmark on her left wrist with curiosity before lying her head on the soft pillow.

"I wonder what it's like to have a younger sibling. It must be lovely to have a sibling to play and share secrets with. I wonder how things would turn if she's alive-." She muttered faintly to herself before her gaze is drawn to the digital clock on the nightstand. The time was 23:49 p.m. when she opted to sleep so Grandma wouldn't notice she stayed up later than she was supposed to.

A/N: I'm not sure why I chose to do this to myself.