Suspects

Everyone was called to Mindy and Chads house for a meeting all of us was there except for Sam and Richie I was sitting on an arm of a chair that Amber was sitting in we all then heard a knock on the door and Mindy went to go get it i then heard a Sam and Richie but I heard a another one "How do you know so much about Stab?" The man asks the man then walked in the room and it was Dewey.

"Runs in her family" Sam said to Dewey "Randy was our uncle RIP" Mindy said while touching a picture of Randy "You said to bring everybody" Mindy said to Sam and pointed to us then Mindy and Chads mom walked in with cookies.

"Woo, suspects! My brother would be so proud" she said as she walked in "Hey Martha" Dewey said to her "Dewey Hi! You look...yeah" Martha said while hugging Dewey "How's the wife?" She asked Dewey "Okay, Mom, we're good. Thank you" Chad said to his Mom.

"All right, kids, have fun" Martha Said she then walked out the room "I asked Mindy to call everybody here, because...there's something I have to tell you" Sam then proceeded to tell us how her father was Billy Loomis I acted surprised even though I already Knew.

"So let me get this straight You're saying that you're the daughter of Billy Loomis and, what, that one of us is the killer?" Chad said to Sam "The killer told me he knew my secret He attacked Tara to lure me back here" Sam said to everyone.

"But then why immediately go and murder some douche-nozzle that was stalking Liv?" Chad asked Sam "yeah he does have a point" I said to Sam and I then saw Amber go on her phone "And why does it have to be one of us? What about Deputy Dewey here? Maybe he's the killer" Wes said pointing at Dewey

"No offense" Wes then said to Dewey "None taken, but what's my motive?" Dewey said to Wes "You got stabbed a billion times, got dumped by your famous wife and crawled into a bottle I think it's safe to say you're on the suspect list" Wes said to Dewey.

"Well, maybe you're the killer because that cut deep" Dewey said sadly "That douche-nozzle is connected I googled him. His mom is Leslie Macher Stu Macher's sister" Amber said looking at her phone.

"Who's Stu Macher?" Liv asked everyone "He' was Billy Loomis's accomplice" I said to Liv "yeah he was a real loony tune" Dewey said after me "Okay Okay So the first three attacks are all on people related to the original killers"Sam said to everyone.

"Oh, my God. He's making a requel!" Mindy said out loud "A what?" Sam said to Mindy "Or a legacyquel. Fans are torn on the terminology" Mindy said to everyone "God. Please speak English" Chad said to Mindy "Remember the Stab movie that came out last year?" Mindy said to us.

"God that one was awful" I whispered to myself "Oh, yeah! The one the Knives Out guy directed, right? I actually really liked that one" Liv said to Mindy "Of course you did You have terrible taste" Mindy said back "I hate you" Liv whispered.

"The point is, the hard-core Stab fans hated it You go on 4chan and Dreadit, all they're talking about is how Stab 8 pissed on their childhoods and How they crammed in social commentary just to elevate it How the main character's a Mary Sue" Mindy said to us.

"What's a Mary Sue?" Richie asks "you really don't wanna know" Wes says to him "What's wrong with elevated horror? I mean, Jordan Peele fucking rules" Amber said to Mindy and I nod my head in agreement.

"Obviously, but that's not Stab Real Stab movies are meta slasher whodunits, full stop" Mindy said to everyone "Come on, it's just a movie" Sam says to Mindy.

"No, it's not To some people, the original is their favorite thing in the world The movie that made them love horror That Mom or Dad showed them when they were ten that bonded them together And God help anyone who slightly fucks with that special memory Who makes a movie they think disrespects it It sounds like our killer is writing his own version of Stab 8 but doing it as a requel" Mindy says to everyone.

"And a requel is what exactly?" I say to Mindy genuinely interested "See, you can't just reboot a franchise from scratch anymore The fans won't stand for it Black Christmas, Child's Play, Flatliners that shit doesn't work But you can't just do a straight sequel, either You got to build something new But not too new, or the Internet goes bug-fucking nuts It has to be part of an ongoing storylines" and I nodded my head when she says that"

"even if the story shouldn't have been ongoing in the first place New main characters, yes" Mindy says pointing at us "but supported by and related to legacy characters" she says this while looking at Dewey "Not quite a reboot, not quite a sequel Like the new Halloween, Saw, Terminator, Jurassic Park, Ghostbusters fuck, even Star Wars! It always, always goes back to the original!" Mindy said to us

"Are you telling me that I'm caught in the middle of fan-fucking-fiction?" Sam said to Mindy "Not just in the middle, Sam your the Star"Mindy said to sam "but, according to requel rules...who's next" Liv asked "Going by the pattern whoever it is has to be connected to someone that came before" Mindy said to everyone and everyone started looking around until they saw Dewey "I'm starting to regret coming here" Dewey said to us.

"Jesus, my mom was a character in one of them" Wes said to Mindy "No one cares about the shitty inferior sequels, Wes. You're safe" Mindy said to Wes and he nods "but With Randy as our uncle, though, you and I are probably screwed" Mindy said looking at Chad.

"Wait what?" Chad then said "Or you're the killer and this whole elaborate monologue is just to cover your tracks" Richie said to Mindy and she smiles and says "I think it's pretty clear who the killer is at this point"

"Who?" Sam asked "you...I mean It makes perfect requel sense" Mindy said to Sam "That actually does make a lot of sense" Chad say's agreeing with his sister "yeah it does" I say after chad "fuck this" Sam said to the group and got up and left the house and Richie chased after her.

"Well that couldn't have better good job Mindy" I said sarcastically to her and Amber hits my arm "anyway I'm gonna go home give me ride Josh Amber said to me " Uh yeah sure" I said and I followed Amber out the house when we got Outside Amber said "Remember the plan right?" And nodded my head "up kill Wes and his mother"