Advantage

She stare blankly at her reflection in the mirror. "A skirt with some sort white button-up shirt. So this is what they dressed like in the orphanage." She whispered softly under her breath, her face lit up with excitement.

"Somehow- I looks like a kid. Is this how I always look? and how long has it been since I looked in the mirror? I'd nearly forgotten how I looked." She tilted her head to examine her appearance. She sighed quietly before leaving the bathroom and retrieving her suitcase.

Her mind was racing with excuses she needed to make up in case someone asked where she was from. She hummed softly before she shifted her focus to the nightstand. She walks over to the bedside table and carefully drew the drawer before looking at the album. The album held nothing but her beloved memories from this cruel lab. Her mother, the nurses and doctors, Grandma, and last but not least- her brother.

She shrugged slightly as she picked up the album and placed it in her suitcase. I mean, none of the kids know any of doctors, do they?

Y/N POV

As I walked into the tunnel at my leisure, I spotted two tall figures standing over the gate, as if waiting for me.

There she is. A woman in her mid-twenties. She had short black hair in an afro, brown eyes with long bottom eyelashes, plump lips, and dark skin. She had a massive, tall, strong, and terrifying figure, which, combined with her equally intimidating facial expressions, gave her the appearance of dominance.

Another woman stands beside her, who appears to be slightly younger than she is. She was a tall, fair-skinned woman with dark purple eyes. Her long dark hair was tied into a bun that hung down the back of her head. She wore a black dress with a white blouse underneath and a white apron over it. And she appears to be cradling a baby. Is it supposed to be a replacement for the prior one? She has short, untidy pale orange hair and light blue eyes. She, too, wears a basic white onesie with a plain white bib and brown boots.

I walked in front of them, greeting them with a pleasant grin. "Good evening , Mama , Sister Krone." I started. I'm not sure, but I think I'm starting to get excited. Is this how it feels to have a family?

The ravenette returned my smile before she exclaimed truly. "I can see why Grandma favoured you over another child. You appear to be quite courteous and naive." Do I seem naive? Really? I was so preoccupied with what she said that I didn't notice the other woman had turned to me before she spoke.

"(Y/N) , right?" She questioned. I raise my head to meet her gaze before responding with a quiet nod. She grins widely and looks at me with slightly broad eyes. To be honest, it fears me. "Grandma claims that you're a genius. I'm delighted to collaborate with you." She extends her hand as though expecting me to do the same, her sinister smile never wavering.

As she shakes my hand, I return her grin with a loving one. "I'm looking forward to collaborate with you, Sister Krone!" I responded instantly with excitement. It is not a good idea to work as a spy. But if I switch sides, it may be exciting.

Isabella cleared her throat before motioning to the dark weather outside. "It will rain, so we'd better hurry up." I hummed before silently strolling behind them, my gaze wandering throughout the forest. To be honest, this was my first time walking in the woods. It's not as frightening as I expected. With this weather, it feels as if all of my troubles have evaporated.

As soon as my gaze is drawn to the orphanage. I feel like happiness is smouldering within of me. Grace Field House is a three-story European-styled residence with blue roofs and pale orange, brown, and cream-colored walls. Is spending my entire life in the lab having this much of an impact? I've never seen such a lovely home. I can see why brother described Grace Field House as a "false paradise".

We entered the house as my eager eyes couldn't quit glancing around. I want to stay here indefinitely. Away from the lab and those creatures. Isabella rang a sort of handbell before the hall was packed with children. They looked so innocent and adorable. As I observed the children, a warm smile appeared on my face.

My gaze was drawn to a young fair-skinned girl of slim build with emerald oval-shaped eyes and noticeably thin brows. Her hair is a pale orange colour that is short and unkempt, sticking up at all angles around her head and worn parted to the right with a single lengthy lock snaking upwards from her parting and another from the base of her neck.

When she looks at Krone, she appears to be terrified. As I already stated, her expression is very similar to mine. Anyone would be afraid of that woman's huge grins. However, the other child seemed to be at ease. Is it because she is one of the oldest children that she discovers the farm's secret? If my assessment is true, she would be a valuable asset in gaining their trust.

"Let me introduce" She began with a big smile on her face. "This is Carol" She goes on, motioning to the infant in her arm. The baby glances innocently at the older children in front of her. "and this is (Y/N) , the newest members of our family." She gestured to me as she said my name. I offered them a genuine friendly grin, but all I got in return was a curious glance. Perhaps because the new member is usually a newborn rather than something older. Especially since I'm almost twelve.

"and this is Ms. Krone. She's here to help me with my job." She finished. The younger children appear to be happy than the older children. They keep looking at me with mistrust, as if I'm a menace. Especially those three; perhaps they all figure out the secret? Whatever it is, I'm sure I would have more fun than I expected.

(─.─||)