~Technically a New Side? pt. 5~ Chapter 32

(WHAHAHHAAH I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!! SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOO SORRY ABOUT LEAVING WITH SHORT NOTICE. I HAD SOME THINGS HAPPENING IN MY PERSONAL LIFE AND THIS STORY HAD TO BE PUT ON PAUSE FOR A BIT, BUT I'M BACK NOW!!!!!)

Y/n's POV

Scara spit out his water when he heard that I called him Scaramouche. My whole body froze, and I could feel my face getting warmer and warmer. This would be hard to explain, that's for sure....

Scara walked back, almost like wanting an explanation too, but his face had a stronger hue of red than mine. Was he embarrassed by it? No... He sat back down. I had to come up with something, but my mind was racing with pure panic. Not anything sensible was in my mind in that moment. "I-.... W-Well, anybody would say 'Scara' instead..."

My voice was cracky and embarrassed. Why did I care so much? It's just a nickname that I liked calling him instead of "Scaramouche". It shouldn't be this hard to explain. I looked towards Lola for help, but she was just giving me a mischievous grin, while watching the situation.

Everybody stayed silent, staring at me. Staring right at me. Directly. I didn't know where to look. It felt like torture. Did they believe what I said? Did they want more information? Did they think I was lying? I just cleared my throat and prayed that somebody would say something.

"Nobody calls me that. Only you have.", Scara chimed in, holding a slight grin on his face.

It was different than Lola's though. Scara's grin was soft.  "It's just easier saying 'Scara'...", I said, turning my head away slightly, trying to look anywhere but in Scara's direction.

My face only just got warmer. This was so embarrassing... Lola spoke after I did saying, "Uh-huh." In a sarcastic way.

The way that you would show that you didn't believe what somebody was saying.

At this point, I was hoping they would brush it off, but that was only just a dream, because I know Lola, at least, would pester me about this for months, years even. She still teases me about something that I did in middle school. Scary times.

I tried my best to form a good excuse but my mind was just running on a white canvas carelessly. My words weren't coming out correctly, and my voice was caught in the back of my throat. It was annoying how much this embarrassed me when really it was a simple thing that could have a simple explanation.... a believable one, if my whole being gave away that I was incredibly embarrassed down to my core.

Lola's lips squirmed as I heard almost choked sounds of laughter coming from her. Thoma had more of a raised eyebrow, wanting me to kind of explain more. Maybe he caught on to Lola's suspicion, which would not be good. Scara was just silent in the matter and just watched the scene closely, which made me hear loud thumps fill my ears. The thumps felt like they were filling my being. Almost all I could hear was the anxiety filling thumps. Was that my heart beat? Was it my dorm neighbor? I stayed silent, almost like a retreat. I didn't know what to say that would convince anybody. Lola was convinced that me and Scara were gonna be married on the moon, or something along the lines of that. It seemed ridiculous to me how she would think that.

Thoma saw my discomfort and his face changed to one of sympathy,  as he spike up in a cheerful tone. "I heard there's a new icecream place in town. We could get some icecream there soon. I thought it opened today," Lola rolled her eyes, probably catching on aboyt Thoma changing the subject, as Thoma continued with a confident tone. "That and a beauty store of some sort."

Lola's eyes went wider in interest. She smiled and nodded. "That's a good idea!"

Just like that, Lola was distracted again. Karma may be a bitch, but bribery is an angel. In all seriousness, I felt grateful that Thoma jumped in when he did. Scara was still silent though. Still observing, but it didn't seem like he would object ice cream and makeup. I wouldn't mind either. It seemed like a nice idea, especially if we would forget about this topic. I know I wouldn't... but I didn't know about Scara. He seemed very quiet. Was he upset? No, probably not. He seemed almost amused, but still silent like a mouse, which was unlike him. At least, around me.

Dkdkfkrkdkfnndjfnvnnfnendncnndnssndnfnfnenenffnndnenendnfnfnennwnfncnfndnenenfnfnenwnnefnnfnfnenwnenfnfnfnnewnrnfnfnenwn3nfnfnnfnenenenfnfnnfnenenwnrnfnnfnenwwnnendnfnennwnwnenfnfndnenwnenrnfnnfndnwn2nrnfnfnnrnenwnenfnnfdnnwnwnnfnfnrnennrnfnngnrnwn2nrnfndnndjwwkjrnfnfndjenrnfnfenejfnndndjenrnfnsnwnrnfnnsnwnrnrnffnfnfnfnfnfnfnfnfnfnfnfnfnfnn3nrnfkdkkwkwkwkfnafnenenkekdjsjwjnenfndkskwkwkkrfofpdowowwokrjtjfjfjsjwjejfjfjfjjdjsjepsjskndndnwndnfnfndndnsnnwpjskdnmemfnfngsngmemwnnsnafnqngnekskskskwkkermmdmdmsnejfjfjsjwkkrkfktbhkksdkkskwkrnfkkskwwkkwkaiddhhdhejwnsjsjsdjjfdmm2ndjdndnenenrnfnndnwnefnfndnjwndsaoddkks (that is infact one word. Anyways-)

Thoma smiled at Lola, and gave me a quick glance, in a nice way, of course, since it's Thoma. Thoma got up, and stretched out. His hands interlocking with each other, like a supporting gesture to bend his arms behind his head, along with his back arching slightly. It was the good stretch. Thoma, I realized, was wearing a more casual outfit than I had ever seen him. Sweatpants and a t-shirt. I shrugged off the realization, and instead kept looking at him, wondering what he got up for. Thoma felt his clothes, and patted his pockets. Thoma sighed, and turned to me, Scara, and Lola. Thoma had a look of slight shame and annoyance, as his lips parted.

"I didn't bring my wallet.... I have to go back to my dorm to get it...", Thoma ended with a whine etched from his throat.

Come to think of it, I didn't even know where Thoma's apartment was. I never realized that.

"Cheer up,", Lola spoke after Thoma, making my head turn to face her, as her's turned to face mine with a sly grin. "I'll come with~"

Lola then winked at me, before getting up herself. Thoma thanked Lola. And spoke to her, before they left, but I was more focused, and or distracted, by what was running, no, racing through my head at this point. It was sheer panic, as eyes interlocked with Scara's, leaving just a shocking feeling ringing, almost like the ringing of a high frequency. Really?! She's gonna leave me with Scara at this exact moment?! What would happen?!