A nightmare.

"What's that?" a voice startled me. I found my brother leaning on the door, holding a family-size pack of chips, pointing at something on the table beside my bed. I sometimes forget that I have been raised in a joint family ever since I was born.

My very orthodox father believes that living in a joint family allows us to maintain close relationships with the extended family There is always someone knocking on the door now and then which makes me go insane at times. The word 'privacy' simply doesn't exist in my home.

I shifted my gaze to where Carrie was pointing or to be exact at what he was pointing. I crawled my way to the other end of my bed and grabbed the object from the table.

Weird, I thought. This thing shouldn't be here. It was a small rectangular box a little bigger than the size of my palm.

My brother snatched it from my hands earning a smack on his head from me.

Before I could even warn him not to open it, he tore the packet not worrying about its owner.

Spoiled young siblings.

"These look like playing cards. Have you started gambling or something? They are quite fancy though," he said chuckling.

Fancy playing cards, huh?

I observed the box, but there wasn't much written on it, except for the number 100 which was written in bold black letters.

Who even kept this here?

"They aren't mine," I said.

"Aren't these cards used for future prediction?" he said as he spread them in such a way that I was able to see each card. They were in shades of black and white with something different peculiarly drawn on each one. Observing them, I concluded they weren't playing cards. The cards somehow intrigued me.

I unlocked my laptop and my fingers danced across the keyboard as I navigated through informative websites.

"These are called tarot cards," I explained to him from the website.

"They tell you messages from the angels," As soon as I said angels, my brother started laughing.

"You mean the creatures with the wings?" he said between his laughs.

"Yes, Maybe. Just keep them back in the box."

He gave me a mischievous smile and ran straight out of my room which was his way of telling me - I'm not doing that..

I still don't know who kept these there.

Sighing heavily, I gathered the cards, placed the deck inside the box, and kept them aside not bothering to find out whom it belonged to. Like seriously more people are living in this house. Someone might have forgotten it.

I flopped onto the bed like an old rag, absorbing the coziness of the soft mattress. My muscles relaxed, releasing the tension of the day.

The cascading thoughts in my mind started to diminish and slowly drifted into a tranquil haze. Outside sounds became distant echoes. Gradually, my mind descended into the embrace of dreams, and my body sank into the peaceful embrace of deep sleep.

Sleep helps me to forget whatever bullshit that is going on in my life. Even if my life is not so interesting, there are some things that particularly ick me. Not being able to socialize can be counted as one of them.

Only if I was like my mother - a social butterfly. But I'm not, so I sleep. I sleep long enough to not get time to socialize with others which according to me is a very smart way of dealing with my problem.