The Plan.

I woke up once again but instead the gleaming sun was replaced with gloomy rain.
I stretched and got up out of bed.
I check my phone and the time is 9:46am

I remember what happened yesterday and I really hope that today is a better day. I really need to try calm Tom down if he hasn't already.

I walk into the kitchen to see Tom drinking beer, I didn't even know why as it was so early.

"Tom? It's morning why are you drinking beer?" I ask him curiously.

"What does it matter to you?" Tom says before taking another sip.

"Because your my boyfriend and I care about you..?" I reply.

It's like something changed in his expression when I called him that.

"Alright." He mumbled as he put the bottle down.

I couldn't believe he listened without a fight but I wasn't complaining at all.

"Just take it easy okay?" I say giving him a hug.

He hugs me back giving a bright smile. That smile would show when he was genuinely happy. I was thankful that he wasn't as bad as last night.
I didn't want to test his mood but I needed to find out why he acted that way last night.

"Tom.. why did you act that way last night..?" I ask him in the nicest way I could.

"I don't know.. it's not you Aur. I wasn't in a great mood from the lack of sleep and the fact you and Bill went out during such a dangerous time scared me. They might try t-" he paused.

Why did he pause? Who are 'they'?.

"They..?" I say looking up at him.

"Nobody, don't worry about it." He said tucking a hair behind my ear.

I nodded and went up to Bill's room, I wasn't going to forget about it.

"Bill?" I whisper as I knock the door.

I hear a small grumble from inside and walk in.

"Yes Aura?" He replies rubbing his eyes.

"I asked Tom why he was so upset last night, he said it was because we were out at a dangerous time and 'they might try'." I blurt out.

"Try what?" Bill asked.

"That's what I'm confused about! Who's they?" I mutter looking out the window in thought.

"He's never mentioned someone dangerous to me.. we should try find out like.. SPIES!" Bill whispers as he gets up quickly striking a funny pose.

I giggle but agree, so we sneak down the stairs towards Tom.
We watch him sitting at the counter on a bar stool with his head in his hands looking through papers.
I hear a small bang, so I look over to see Bill hopping holding his foot where he stubbed it on the step.
Tom immediately jumps up and stuffs the papers in a draw around the corner.
I have to find those papers to see what he's hiding.

"Bill! Shh we have to get those papers..!" I whisper at Bill that is not checking for blood on his foot.

"Okay!" He whispers back.

I watch Tom grab a pack of cigarettes and walk out the front, I run down the staircase and into the room Tom hid them in.
I search the draws until I came across the paperwork.
I smile at my discovery and sneak out of the room quietly.
I look down on the pages flipping through as I walk.

That's when I saw my name. Why on earth are details about me on this page?
I look up at Bill waving the papers at him until I realised he looked worried? He started signalling something with his hands.
T.. O.. M..
Why would he be saying to-
I felt a hand on my shoulder and froze looking at Bill.
I slowly turned around to see Tom looking straight at me..