The Beginning

(Hi there everyone! I'm back writing again. The reason why I'm doing this is because I'm bored and I don't really care about my schoolwork anymore. To get rid of this feeling, I thought about making it now so I'm actually typing this in the car. Yeah, I know that sounds weird but hey, the situation and environment changed. Okay, I hope you like this Oshi no Ko fanfic I made!

First off, some introduction of this specific character I had fallen in love with, it's also my favorite game/anime character. His name is Kiryu Yoshiya, and he is called Joshua by nickname from both of his parents. He is a character from The World Ends With You videogame, he is the antagonist of the game series. Spoiler alert, Due to his young appearance, he is likely an old soul and his real age is unknown. His favorite food is what the main protagonist dislikes, making him not being a picky eater.

Some little facts about Joshua and Ai:
It's true Ai is a liar herself but does she lie for a reason? No. She is a pathological liar who couldn't see her fault of overusing lies all the time, as she stated in the anime and manga itself.

Compared to Ai's counterpart, Yoshiya Kiryu aka Joshua does not lie without a reason. Instead of lying his way to get away with anything else, he uses his blunt talking  foul-mouthed except Ai, he once call BJ's crush a tramp as he was forced to participate investigating triple seven's missing precious reaper microphone. Neku, the main protagonist of the game tell himself not to anger Joshua knowing he can get angered easily if the person is lying or not.

Thus, he only lies for a reason (personal informations about himself) not to get further suspicion in the game series.

Major spoiler alert, In his Week 2 playthrough with the MC, Neku Sakuraba, Joshua was the most misanthrope compared to Neku making him a love-hate character. For more information, please play the world ends with you and neo the world ends with you, thank you!)

3rd person POV
It was a dark gloomy space, everything that surrounded Joshua was like a void. Almost anything that could cover it up. While he is sleeping like a princess, a voice calls him out. "Hey...." It echoed through his mind. "Hey..." Again, it was getting louder and louder. "HEY!! ARE YOU AWAKE?!" Finally, Joshua's eyes were wide awake and he sat up to know who it was.

"I'm sorry for that, my name is Hoshino Ai, what about you?" She apologized while giggling. Joshua adjusted to the dark setting room he was in and he finally replied to her. "Kiryu... Yoshiya. My nickname is Joshua." He softly murmurs. "Then, Yoshiya-san, what brings you here?" Ai initiates the conversation, while Joshua is surprised when she calls him by his first name.

"I don't know... All I could remember was when I died immediately. What about you?" Ai was surprised by his words and smiled back. "Well.... I got stabbed in the stomach, hehe!" She laughs it off except for Joshua who is maintaining his stoic expression. "I see, it must've been traumatizing was it?" Ai got confused and brushed it off. "Not exactly, but my children were traumatized..." She looks away and Joshua triggers a memory of her death.

While the conversation was becoming darker, Joshua was still confused as to why he was the only one with her other than other people. "Say, why am I here?" Joshua asks Ai for answers. "To put it simply.... You're here to reincarnate as someone else." Joshua's eyes wide open in shock and he went silent for a bit. After a short while, he finally opened his mouth. "As who?" He presses for more questions.

"I can't ask any more questions so... I hope you like your new life, Kiryu Yoshiya-san." Ai finishes her last words and something flickers in Joshua's mind. "Ah... Wait...." He went back to slumber as his soul transferred to a different body. While his soul was sleeping, his mind was envisioning a person's life. And that's where the answers finally revealed, it was Hoshino Ai's memory and her life. Until then, he woke up at the sound of someone's lecturing. "Ai! Are you even listening?" He opens his eyes and meets another stranger.