chapter 2

sorry if this is short i promise ill post a longer chapter next time

As I walk up I go to approach Josh. It's not the biggest surprise he's here, I mean he is a detective."Hey Josh, are you working the case here?" I say gaining his attention. "Oh yeah, a really horrific scene, poor guy. But I'll give it to the killer. He did a good job covering up evidence that he was there and found no fingerprints or evidence of a break in but we did find some boot tracks. The guy has really big feet not gonna lie." He says nonchalantly. "I saw on the news this morning that there was a message on the wall. Do you know what it says?" I say curiously "Oh yeah the guy wrote 'this is only the first of my victims' creepy as hell if you ask me," he says in return. "Hmm interesting" "Look Jones I need to get back to work can you tell Mum I'm at Mabel's house tonight ok," he says as he looks through a file."Ok tell Mabel I said hi ok. And no funny business okay" I tease him as I walk off. Josh immediately turns red in embarrassment "You little brat shut the hell up!" he yells as his coworkers start to laugh.As I reach home I realize I'm home alone so I decide to stick some music on and read a book. I specifically love a book filled with detective stories that tell you about murders, thefts and unsolved crimes. It was written by a real detective who worked on all the cases. As I get into my book I hear the front door open. I don't think too much about it as it was probably Mum coming home from work. As I continue to read about two minutes later I hear a knock at my door. I get up and open the door and I meet with my mum's iconic closed-eye smile. "Hey honey, I'm just about to make dinner. Can you come help me?" she asks. I nod and get up from bed. "By the way, Josh isn't here tonight he's at his girlfriend's house," I say as I walk towards the kitchen. "Oh ok, thanks for telling me dear," Mum says in a happy tone. It takes about an hour to make dinner. By the time we're done, Dad arrives home. "I'm home!" he yells from the front door. "Hi honey how was your day" mum says as she gives Dad a quick kiss. I turn away and continue to cut the vegetables for the salad as I really don't want to see them kiss. "How was your day at school Squirt?" Dad asks me as he takes off his jacket. "Same old, same old," I say, not looking up from the cutting board. I finish making dinner with Mum and we all sit down at the table. We talk about this and those random little topics. After I finish I get up from the table and put my plate in the dishwasher. "I'm going to go do my homework" I semi yell as I walk up to my room. "Ok honey, I'll see you in the morning" I hear mum say from downstairs.As I'm doing my math homework my mind starts to wander and I start to think about Albert's death and who may have done it. Albert was a nice guy but there were a good amount of complaints about him and rumors. The person who did this must have a reason to kill him right? Surely they didn't just kill him for the sake of it. I finish up my homework get changed into some pyjamas grab my book and start to read. As I continue to read I realize that after 3 hours of reading, it's nearly midnight. I sigh and put down my book and turn off the light. I pull up the covers and slowly close my eyes, slowly drifting into the serenity of sleep.