ONE

"Transfiguration literally makes me want to kill myself

"Transfiguration literally makes me want to kill myself."

Jolene liked to complain about everything to her friend Scarlett Monroe, who liked to hear about all what her friend disliked.

"No because i totally get you! Like i can't get those retard nonverball spells right and it's so fucking annoying!" she countered, her voice overlapping her best friend's.

"Right? Honestly, that McGonagall woman has it out for us! I don't know why, but she dislikes us like i dislike Cedric Diggory!" Jolene added, laughing at the glares some lower year girls gave her.

"Damn Harrison! Didn't know you thought so lowly of our friend here." Jolene could almost scream when she heard the annoying voice of Jacob Smith, a seventh year Hufflepuff who thinks he owns the school because he befriended Cedric Diggory. Jolene was sure Diggory didn't even like him all that much.

"Yeah? I though i made that very clear last year when i turned him down." she countered, referring to the time Diggory asked her to the yule ball, but she told him she was already going with Lee Jordan, a result to both of them not having dates a day before the ball.

"About that, i still wonder about it. How come your such a slut, but still turn down the one boy that wouldn't use you for your body like the others?" Smith hollered. Jolene didn't know what reaction he thought he was going to get from the small crowd that had gathered around them, but he raised his hands as if telling the to cheer at him. No one cheered.

"I still wonder how Diggory manages to put up with your sorry corpulent ass, Smith! I get why your kanker parents dropped you off at that orphanage, they wouldn't be able to handle your retard face." Scarlett fumed, her body shaking with rage, because the word slut is a no go in her books.

Scarlett's family came from a long like of Canadian and Dutch people, having her accent show up when she was angry. Many times you would hear her curse with words nobody understood, but everyone knew weren't nice, like kanker or tering.

It was a known thing at Hogwarts that Jacob Smith is an orphan. It had started as a rumor two years ago, but had been confirmed by Cedric Diggory himself after Smith tried to steal his girlfriend, Cho Chang, by telling her Diggory cheated on her with Ginny Weasley. 

Obviously, her older brothers would not have that, and the two in her year, Fred and George, beat him to a pulp. Let's say he did not talk about them for a really ling time.

"You ugly mudblood, you'll pay for that!" Jacob shrieked, tensing and pulling his wand from his robes in a quick movement.

"Jacob Smith you are repulsive, and this is exactly the reason i get more bitches than you!" Jolene exclaimed, she too having drawn her wand, her other arm wrapped around Scarlett. Jacob lowered his wand quickly.

"What is the meaning of this?"

The moment she heard that voice, Jolene knew she was fucked. Minerva McGonagall  was holding her wand tightly and squinting her eyes fiercely at Jolene and Scarlett.

Jolene snickered at her obvious favouritism, Scarlett doing so too. "Miss Harrison, detention! You shall not laugh when i am speaking, and twenty points from both Hufflepuff and Gryffindor!" she shrieked, already putting away her wand.

"Professor, you can't do that! Smith called Monroe the M-word, and drew his wand first, after calling Harrison the S-word!" protestedOliver wood, her house's Quidditch captain.

Jolene looked at Scarlett with wide eyes. They knew Wood because they'd always sit in the stand to watch hot quidditch boys practice. Never had he really talked to her before, let alone defend her. She shot him a small smile, which was returned by a large one of his.

"And why, Wood, is that relevant? Harrison was pointing her wand at another student, while Smith's was lowered. It will be a waste of time discussing about this." she concluded, turning around to leave the corridor now filled with students that had wanted to watch the verbal fight, that would no doubt become physical if McGonagall hadn't been there to see them.

"You bitch!" Wood exclaimed, not only surprising his teacher and everyone else in the room, but also himself. He hadn't ever done as much as raise his voice at a teacher, let alone call the head of his house a bitch!

"Detention to you too, Wood, and your parents are allowed to expect a long letter about your behaviour, now off to dinner, all of you!" She yelled, and with a swish if her robes she was gone.

"What the fuck Wood?" Jolene interrogated as she pushed him against the wall of the small broom closet she had dragged him into.

"What? She was being so unfair! Someone had to say something, i only wanted to help!" the quidditch captain confessed, rubbing his arms and looking away from her.

Jolene sighed, turning away from him, and then back again. "I know it's unfair, but you shouldn't get in trouble for this! You do know they could take away your captain's badge, right? It's honestly fine, i'll just go speak Dumbledore about this."

Wood frowned, "But, that's so not cool!" he exvlaimed, making Jolene chuckle. "Yeah Wood, but i guess life is just not cool."

She turned to exit the broom closet that she had pulled him in. He grabbed her arm, making her raise a brow.

A faint blush grew on his cheeks, "Call me Oliver.. Please." he stuttered, making Jolene grin. "Allright Oliver, call me Jolene then."

And with a wink and a flick of her hair, she was gone. 

𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔬𝔣𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔡 𝔟𝔢𝔠𝔞𝔲𝔰𝔢 𝔦'𝔪 𝔰𝔩𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔶 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔦 𝔴𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔤𝔬 𝔱𝔬 𝔟𝔢𝔡 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔦'𝔪 𝔭𝔲𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔬 𝔤𝔢𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭 𝔡𝔬𝔫𝔢! ^^