one

YURI SONG NEVER REALLY THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO DIE

YURI SONG NEVER REALLY THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO DIE. Her best friend, on the other hand, was suicidal and killed herself. She got over it.

The games, or what people would call it: Borderlands, started for her a week ago. She met people, she saw people dying, she killed people. But she survived. she lived.

~~~

THE AIR was cold, causing her to roll the sleeves of her sweater over her hands. Yuri's eyes wandered around. The streets were empty, which was unusual for Tokyo.

She took a deep breath before heading the stairs of the Toei-Sendagaya-Apartments up, noticing a handful of people already standing there. Her hand grabbed for a phone, then she stepped to the side and leaned by a wall next to a hooded man, which had his eyes closed and was only a pair of centimeters taller than her.

She was tired. She couldn't explain the games. No one could. It was like she was choking herself and trying to get any possible explanation for the disappearance of the whole Tokyo.

Registration has closed. There are a total of 14 participants. The game will now commence.

Yuri had no idea who involved the voice, but it got annoying after a while. She turned her head back and looked up at the ceiling while her hands rested in the pockets of her joggers.

Difficulty, five of Spades. Game, "A game of Tag." Rule, run away from the tagger. Clear condition, discover the safe zone hidden in one of the buildings within the time limit. You clear the game when this object is fulfilled. Time limit, 20 minutes. After 20 minutes have passed, the time bomb hidden in the building will explode.

She took a quick look at the hooded man next to her before walking to the stairs and heading up. Song's first thought was to find the save zone in which the bomb was hidden, and deactivate it, but there was only a little chance that in this small group wasn't someone who knew how to deactivate bombs, so she removed it from my list.

There were only seven floors, meaning there wasn't a large choice to which floor she should go. Normally no one chooses the first or last one, and the second was too low. The tagger could easily walk up from the first. Same with the sixth. The fourth was the middle so that was also a no-go. She decided for the fifth.

After quickly tying her shoes, the Korean woman let her arms rest on the railing and looked down, watching all the players. The phone in her pocket soon beeped, signaling that the game will start now.

GAME START