Ch 5: Pimps Up, Hos Down

Your P.O.V.

January 19th, 1968

8:43 P.M.

After what happened yesterday, things were off to a good start. We had some recruits for the Saints and the guns to supply them. Plus, now we had a fair chance at defending the church if we get attacked. But there was still one issue that we still had to deal with. And said issue being how we were going to fund the crew. Because you can't really run a gang without making any money. And I knew it wasn't going to be long until people started asking about how they'd be getting paid. So I knew that I had to find a way to start making some money, and fast.

Right now, the crew was helping clear out some debris from the church. At the moment, we were just tossing some old stuff outside. Mostly things like broken glass, bits of loose stone, and stuff like that. The doors were still broken from when Lincoln had kicked them open when he and Ellis were looking for me. So for the time being, we were going to have to keep them as they are. At least until we get enough money to rebuild the church. After all, the place was a shit hole that definitely needed some upgrades. But that was going to have to wait for the time being since we have little money.

Which brings us back to the matter of funding the crew. Like I said, we don't have much money on hand right now. So we had to find some way to start bringing in cash. We could start of with some protection rackets, but there's not many people nearby. Sure, there's a small trailer park just a slight ways north of us. But I doubt we could get much money from them at the moment. Even if we did, it probably only be a couple hundred at best. So there has to be a better way to start bringing in some cash.

That's when I realized we have the recruits to start moving in on Dixie Mafia's rackets. If we muscle in and take over their operations, we can make the money we need. Plus it would definitely send a nice "Fuck you" to the Dixie Mafia too. Of course, we had to find out what the Dixie Mafia are up to first. It's clear they move drugs, but who knows what other operations they got. After all, they were definitely into gun running with those caches me and Lincoln stole. So I decided to get Lincoln and Ellis to help find ways to take Dixie Mafia down.

Y/n: Alright, so we got the recruits, the base, and the weapons. But there's still one issue, we need to start bringing in money. Otherwise, the Saints aren't going to last very long.

Lincoln: Yeah, it'll only be so long until the crew starts demanding some sort of payment. We can't run a gang without a crew or a way to make money.

Ellis: To true.

Right now, the three of us were all upstairs in the old study. We had to talk in private so that no one would hear we had little money. At best, we only had a few grand tops, and that would only last a few days. Which is why we needed to make a move now to get a cash flow going. And I had a few ideas on how to do so, but I figured Lincoln and Ellis had other ideas to pitch. So I figured that if the three of us put our brains together, then we'd think of something.

Y/n: So we know Dixie Mafia's running drugs around the Bayou. But we still don't know what else they're up too.

Lincoln: Well it's gotta be heroin, I know a guy who's been looking into their operation.

Ellis: Who?

Lincoln: He's a guy I met during my time in Vietnam. Works with the CIA and really loves to stir shit up.

Y/n: Hold on, if he's in the CIA, how do you know we can trust him?

Lincoln: We can trust him, I saved his ass more than once. Plus, like I said, he loves to stir shit up for all the right reasons.

Y/n: Well, all right, give him a call and we'll meet him when he's ready. Now do either of you know what else these Dixie assholes might be up too?

Ellis: Actually, I know a guy who moved out here a few months back. Said he was lookin' to branch out into some new entrepreneurial venture.