Chapter 8

Robin woke up with a smile, gently rubbing her rounded belly. Being pregnant was a blessing she had never expected to experience. As she got out of bed, she noticed Zoro already awake, his usual serious expression overshadowed by a newfound protectiveness in his eyes.

"Good morning, Robin," Zoro greeted her softly, his voice filled with warmth.

"Good morning, Zoro," Robin replied, her fingers still caressing her belly. "Our little one seems to be quite active today."

Zoro approached her, placing a hand on her belly, feeling the slight movements beneath his touch. A sense of awe washed over him as he realized he was going to be a father.

"You need to be careful, Robin," Zoro said, his voice tinged with worry. "I don't want anything to happen to you or our child."

Robin smiled affectionately, understanding his concern. "I promise to take good care of myself, Zoro. And you'll be there to help me, won't you?"

Zoro nodded, intertwining his fingers with hers. "Always."

---

Months passed, and Robin's pregnancy progressed smoothly. However, Zoro became increasingly overprotective. He insisted on accompanying her everywhere, disallowing any risky activities. Robin found his actions endearing but also a bit stifling.

One day, as they were strolling through a market, Zoro noticed a rowdy group of troublemakers in their vicinity. His grip on Robin's hand tightened as he positioned himself between her and the potential threat.

Robin gently tugged on his arm. "Zoro, there's no need to worry. We can handle ourselves."

Zoro's gaze softened, his determination flickering briefly. "I know, but I can't help myself. I want to protect you both."

Robin placed a hand on his cheek, her eyes filled with love. "You already have, Zoro. You've protected me in more ways than anyone ever could."

---

One afternoon, Robin sat by the window, lost in thought while Zoro trained outside. She watched him swing his swords, his movements precise and powerful. A sudden wave of realization hit her – she wanted their child to know their warrior father.

Robin approached Zoro, her steps determined. "Zoro, I want to learn how to defend myself," she declared, surprising him.

Zoro hesitated for a moment before nodding. "Alright, but only if you promise to be cautious."

Robin smiled, appreciating his concern. "I promise. It will be an essential skill for our child to learn."

From that day on, Zoro became both Robin's teacher and her protector. Together, they sparred, with Zoro guiding her every step of the way. Through training sessions, their bond deepened, and Zoro's protectiveness started to transform into trust.