Chapter 17

TWs: Nothing besides mentions of what happened in the previous chapter, eating and abuse (lightly talked about) :)

'Time skip to a few weeks'

~Y/n's Pov~

It's been a few weeks since all of that stuff went down with Ryder. So far, I've been avoiding Quackity. Truth is that I'm still afraid of him I never seen him attack someone I get that he was trying to protect me but I couldn't help but have that fear that he will end up like Ryder to some extent. Me and Dream still have a strained relationship since he never believed me. 

Today was the day that I go into trial to testify against Ryder. I decided to wear something simple but comfortable.

As I continued to get ready in the bathroom, I felt a pit of anxiety well up in my stomach

As I continued to get ready in the bathroom, I felt a pit of anxiety well up in my stomach. What if he gets set free? I would probably never feel safe again. I didn't realize I was crying until tears started falling down my face. I quickly pulled myself together and got out of the bathroom. I was back in my old room again, but this time Quackity wasn't there, he took a guest bedroom somewhere across the hall. It was getting close to the end of the Dream Team meet up and I was getting ready to go back to school. Fun..

I grab my small backpack and throw it over my shoulder. I head out of the room and walk downstairs to find Wilbur making breakfast.

"Good morning Y/n, how did you sleep?" He says trying to make conversation.

"Good I guess." I said going into the fridge and pulling out a bottle of water. 

"Well, I made some breakfast for you."

"I'm not hungry."

"Y/n just please eat something."

"I will when I get back from the trial."

"Hm, alright but this isn't healthy."

"I know I know." I've heard this lecture before multiple times.

Wilbur drops the conversation and finishes making breakfast. I wait for him to finish because he was the one driving and staying with me during the trial. While scrolling through my phone I didn't notice that Quackity had come downstairs. Things have been awkward between us, and I don't want to keep ignoring him.

"Hey-" I said but Quackity cuts me off.

"Look you don't have to say anything," he starts " I just wanted to wish you luck on your trial and just know that if the results don't turn out well, I'll be here for you."

I feel tears well up in my eyes but I keep them in because I didn't want to cry early in the morning. 

"Thanks I appreciate it." I said, "Sorry for ignoring you for so long. Maybe we can talk later?"

"I'd like that. I have something important to tell you anyways." Quackity blushes.

"Y/n we have to go." Wilbur says grabbing his car keys off the table. 

"Oh alright." 

"Be careful okay?" Quackity says opening his arms up for a hug. I hesitate but accept it gratefully.

"I will. See you later."

"Good luck with your trial."

Me and Wilbur jump in the car and drive to the courthouse. I won't lie, I was nervous asf because not only do I have to see Ryder again, but I have to share the story again in front of a jury. I didn't realize my leg was bouncing until Wilbur pointed it out.

"Y/n everything is going to be alright. The lawyer will state most of your case and all you have to do is explain your side of the story."

"I know but he told me not to tell anyone about what went on during our relationship. I didn't want it to come down to this."

"It has to be done. He was hurting you, and all I did was watch you suffer because I was on the other side of the country and could only comfort you through a computer screen, but I'm changing that. I wanted to tell you that I have found a nice house in Florida and I was hoping that you would like to become my roommate?"

"WAIT REALLY?" I say happily.

"Yes! All I need to do is sign some papers and the house is mine. While I do that I am also working on claiming my citizenship in America."

"That's amazing!!"

"Mhm, but don't tell anyone yet. I want to surprise them all."

"Of course, won't be a problem for me."

We talked about plans of moving in together on our way to the courthouse. The closer we got the more anxious I felt. I just wanted to jump out of the car and run away. 

"Anddd we are here." Wilbur says.

We get out the car and notice that there are people standing outside waiting for the trial to start. I stay close to Wilbur the entire time, trying to keep my distance from the crowd of people.

"Order, order in the court!"

With that, the trial begins.

Sorry for not posting this sooner! School has been overwhelming, and I am trying to keep up with everything.

Thank you all sm for the reads,funny/amazing comments and votes!!! I will be working on chapter 18 so tysm!!

Also I might make this a poly story... thoughts?

Hope you all have an amazing day/night! Make sure to eat and drink something! Ily all<3

882 words