Chapter 71:

Danielle's P.O.V-

"Liam!" I screamed and ran to my boyfriend who was lying on the floor with a bullet in his chest.

"Baby?" I cried and held on to his hand.

Niall was calling the ambulance as Louis and Zayn were hugging each other while crying.

This can't be happening. Stupid ass girl.

"This is my fault." Mixtli cried as she landed on her knees amd covered her face with her bloody hands.

"Mixtli its not your fault." Naomi and JJ walked over to her.

"Yes it is!" She yelled amd continued to cry.

JJ and Naomi looked at each other and tried to comfort her.

"Don't touch me!" Mixtli reacted and ran away.

"Mixtli wait!" Harry yelled.

"I'll go get her." Zayn said.

"We'll meet you at the hospital." He said once we all heard the sirens get closer.

We all nodded our heads as Zayn ran after Mixtli.

"Its gonna be alright Liam. Just hang in there love." I whispered to Liam as a tear fell on his bloody shirt.

Zayn's P.O.V-

I ran after Mixtli as soon as she ran away from the scene.

I heard crying a few feet away and turned to what I think was an alley.

"Mixtli!" I yelled and my voice echoed in the empty alley.

I heard sniffling coming from behind a dumpster amd saw Mixtli sitting there with her knees brought up to her chest.

"Mixtli?" I got on my knees.

"What do you want?" She cried.

"Mixtli look at me." I placed my hands on her shoulders.

"Zayn, this is all my fault." She whispered.

"No its not Mixtli. In fact its no ones fault. Its only Sam's. She was always jealous of us. Of you." I explained.

"But.."

"No buts." I places my finger on her pretty pink lips.

"I'm sorry this had to happen on the day you came back." She appologized.

"Hey hey, as long as I'm with you and my best friends, nothing will piss me off." I chuckled a little.

I grabbed Mixtli by the hands and pulled her up.

"I love you Mixtli." I held her by the waist.

"I love you Zayn." She gave a small smile.
"We have to go. I told Louis and the rest that we will meet them back at the hospital as soon as I found you." I grabbed her hand and started to walk.

"Ok." She said.

We both walked back to the car and I still saw the bouquet of flowers I brought for Mixtli on top of the car.

"Ignore these." I said nervously as I was gonna throw the flowers away.

"No, no. They are lovely." She grabbed the flowers and smiled.

"Ok lets go then." I said as I turned on the car.

We drove off the hospital and Louis texted me the address.

It was a few minutes till we got there and we ran out of the car.

Mixtli and I ran inside the building and saw Danielle, Louis, Harry, Naomi, JJ, and Niall sitting down.

"There they are!" Louis pointed out.

We walked quickly to our group amd hugged each other.

"How's Liam doing?" Mixtli asked.

"The doctor told us that he was to have a small surgery to take the bullet out of his chest." Danielle said quietly.

"Is he gonna be alright?" I asked.

"That's what we don't know yet." Niall added.

I nodded my head and bit the inside of my cheek.

He's gonna be alright Zayn. Liam is a strong boy.

The others and I waited for the doctor to inform us about Liam for a good twenty minutes until a man in a long white coat walkes towards us.

"Liam Payne?" He read off the clipboard. All of us turned our attention to the doctor as Danielle stood up.

"How's he doing?" She asked nervously.

"The surgery went well. All we need are his medical records and we are good to go." The doctor smiled.

"What do you need to know?" I asked.

"Just his full name, date of birth, age." He shrigged his shoulders.

"Liam Jamee Payne. Born on August 29, 1993 and is currently 21 years old." Niall answered.

"Ok, we will check back with you in a moment." The doctor said and walked away.

"Thank god he's ok." Danielle smiled.
Mixtli, Naomi and JJ all comforted Danielle and sat with her.

"Liam's gonna be alright." I said. The lads and I all hugged each other and celebrated until the doctor came back.

"So when are we able to bring Liam home?" JJ asked.

The doctor took off his glasses and made a loud sigh.

"I'm afraid we have some bad news." He said.

"Bad news?" Harry asked.

"How long has Liam had a heart condition?" The doctor ask.

"Almost three years." Mixtli answered.

"T-three years?" The doctor studdered.

"Is there something wrong?" Danielle stood up.

"Liam's heart is failing. He doesn't have long to live." The doctor explained.

"What do we need to do?" Naomi asked.

"He is going to need a heart transplant." The doctor sighed.

"Another surgery?" Danielle cried.

"Sweetheart, I know this is hard for you but we have to do it. It is a bit risky be we have to try." The doctor patted Danielle's back.

"Ok." She sighed.

Is Liam really going to live?

I really didn't know how to end this but sorry if this chapter was a bit ehhh and sad.

Ugh Liam. Poor baby.

Vote/Comment.

Follow me on twitter:
@malikmixtli

I love you guys to pieces! ❤❤