ONE

It was a Monday morning. The sun was already up and shining brightly through Snethemba's curtains, much to her annoyment. As soon as she turns over to get some sleep, her alarm rings. She snoozed it quickly and goes back to her deep slumber. Ten minutes later and the alarm cries again, even louder than before. She decides to get up because she was obviously going to be late. She cleaned up her room, showered and wore her usual uniform and slipped on her no-name white shoes before grabbing her phone and bag. It was already 8:45am when she set out of the small flat. Her sister, Nandipha whom lived with her was already gone.
--
4pm came and it was time for Snethemba to knock off. She finished up her last rounds around the huge hostipial before taking her bag and walking off. "Nurse Snethemba! You are leaving?" A voice spoke behind her. She turned around to see Dr Naidoo, one of the many Indian doctors at Addington. "Yes, it's not my turn for night shift" she replied, slightly annoyed. Snethemba never really liked any of the doctors here. They all assumed that they were more powerful and had authority over nurses just because they were doctors. Her only friend at work was Asemahle Mdletshe who was also a nurse and her closest friend. "Alright, want a lift? Taxis are very hard to find at this time" offered Dr Naidoo. "Not thanks Dr Naidoo, I will be fine" she assured him and left quickly before he could add another word in. She felt a pair of eyes looking at her as she walked towards the lift. Pervert.

When she was on the taxi home, she remembers that she had to buy some groceries. The taxi stops at the nearest Shoprite as others also wanted to get off at this stop. She got off the taxi and walked into the Shoprite.

She was by the vegetables and fruits, shocked by how much potatoes costed when someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around to see a man. He looked as if he came out of Heaven. His muscular arms(but not too much like bodyguards) with a beautiful smile that showed his deep dimples. His skin was light and fair. He was the perfect height. Maybe God was giving her an early birthday gift. "Sawubona" his voice was ten times better. He sounded as if he had authority over everything and everyone, with a very calm aura. Sne tried to compose herself, she cleared her throat. "Yebo" she replied quietly. "Unjani ntokazi" he said. She couldn't find the words anymore, he was making her speechless. She just nodded and the mysterious man just chuckled. He took her hand- they both felt an intense spark. The man looked shocked as he removed his hand from hers- what was going on?  They stood there, staring into each other's soul, looking for answers. Eventually, the man spoke. "I need you"  Snethemba was so confused, she even thought that she heard that wrong. "What?" She quizzed. "I can't explain it, but what happened when we touched hands, it's a sign!" He says, with a facial expression of excitement, shocked and happiness. "I still don't understand, why do you need me?" Asked Sne. She was not that stupid to trust strangers, even if they were handsome. " I know this sounds crazy but you are meant to be my wife, I can feel it deep down"
__

A/N

How was that for a first chapter? Comment all your thoughts!
I know that it was kinda cheesy and probably cringe but I promise, it will get better🤞🏾
--sboweyy12