Chapter 33

Bored, Akina sat next to Shikamaru and Temari and looked at the screen in front of her. The genin had just had their first exam and were discussing what exactly the task was. Although Shikamaru explained it to them, they couldn't come up with the solution. Why had Tsunade asked them to help again? "Nothing's happening," she muttered, "You have to be patient. You'll figure out what to do," the Nara spoke.

Akina completely shut down as he spoke to Temari and stared at the screen. The three groups were talking about different solutions which were not bad at all. "Can you be something other than annoyed?" asked Temari, crossing her arms. Akina had already noticed the tension between the two and hadn't said anything about it until now.

"What's going on between you two?" she asked curiously, seeing Temari blush. "There's nothing going on! What did you take!" Laughing, she looked at the blonde. "Calm down Temari, it was a joke." "You don't joke about that!" shouted Temari. Shikamaru rolled his eyes. Why did he have to sit here with these two? Temari was a loud person who always spoke her mind. She reminded him of his mother. Akina, on the other hand, was calm and didn't always take everything seriously. Both had their good sides but right now he was annoyed.

"Why are you interfering with this Akina, when you don't even tell Neji your feelings?" came from him and the addressed looked at him. "I don't know. It somehow wasn't the right time yet." Temari looked at the 17 year old a bit surprised. "How, you just admit it like that?" "What do you want me to deny? It's not like Shikamaru is stupid. Besides, I'm open-minded and I think it's okay to talk about something like that."

Somehow Temari admired this Uchiha. She was exactly different from her or many other women. She was easy-going and didn't take a lot of things to heart. She even put up with Sasuke not coming back and Naruto taking care of him. Akina was something in her own world which was not negative. There should be many more like her. "Don't worry Shikamaru, I will tell him as soon as the time is right."

Shikamaru nodded and looked at the screen. Neji had found the solution and was explaining it. He had thought through his view of the test quite a bit. The Hyuga had actually been a chunin for a long time but no one wanted to admit it. The Nara knew of his feelings and now had confirmation from Akina as well. However, he would not interfere. The two had to sort it out themselves.

When Neji had solved the task and answered Shikamaru's question with None, he turned the page again. He would not abandon anyone on his team. Neji knew he was thinking of Naruto when he asked this question which made him smile. When Shikamaru asked the participants to show him the answers, names could be seen on many sheets. All the teams from Konoha had not written any, which the Nara was proud of. So each of them had thought of Naruto, which was also his goal.

He began to explain to them what the first task was. It wasn't really about the number of points. Neji listened carefully to the Nara and when he said that he had understood it first he could hear a loud cheer. "Hey Neji! That was great of you I didn't expect anything else!" came happily from the speakers. Smirking, the Hyuga crossed his arms and shook his head. Could she really not even act like one her age?

"Are you actually completely deranged!?" yelled Temari, unaware that the microphone was still on. "Oh don't be so tense Temari. Lighten up." "Loose!? You can't just yell something out like that!" "You're annoying!" came from Shikamaru.

"Oh you're both just too tense. Why don't you go to the hot spring?" "Now you're going completely crazy Uchiha!" yelled Temari. "Yes scream Temari! That's the power of eternal youth!" yelled Akina, laughing. "Crap the microphone was still on.", Shikamaru muttered before turning it off. He wanted to sink into the ground.

All the participants were completely distraught except Guy's team who couldn't stop laughing. Neji and TenTen could well imagine that Lee agreed with her and shouted something. The other teams from Konoha couldn't help laughing either. It was good for them because it relieved all the tension and excitement.

 Akina really had a talent for making people happy. Neji could well imagine Temari continuing to yell at her, and a calm and cheerful response came her way. Nothing could take away the Uchiha's character. Surely not even the most dangerous ninja would be able to take away her cheerfulness.