EPIC | 1

It was another beautiful day in the Village of Book End. The birds were singing, the squirrels were chirping, and the sun shone down on another bright day

And the wonderful protagonists and antagonists were once again enjoying a day at ever-after high. A school where the sons and daughters of Fairy tales will one day follow in the footsteps of their parents. But for now we must turn back the clock for this tale to begin!

Brooke, what did we tell you about trying to change the story?

Dad, I swear I'm not! It says so right here!

Wait..what?

Hm, she's right dear. Now how did we not notice this? It said something different a minute ago.

Who cares? we've gotta read it, your words not mine!

...well, we should. It is what we're supposed to do.

And look into this how this change happened.

I got this! Alright, the shaking of the carriage fell silent as a man stepped out from within, a man clad in grey armor with a golden sword.

[ 0 - The King Of Silver]

           Amidst this gathering storm, within long-forgotten caverns, a desperate plea reverberated through the air. The Silver King, his regal cloak billowing around him, stood before a gathering of extraordinary beings. They were the Shugods, a group of magnificent creatures bestowed with mystical powers, guardians of the natural order.

The chamber was adorned with flickering torches, casting eerie shadows that danced upon the stone walls. The air crackled with anticipation as the Silver King's voice boomed with urgency. His eyes, filled with both wisdom and desperation, locked onto the Shugods, his last hope for salvation.

"I kept your secrets, I did! Just as I promised!" the Silver King cried, his voice carrying the weight of the world, "I told no one of your existence!"

He paused, his voice lowering to a solemn whisper. "But you have to understand...The Fairy Tale World is on the precipice of annihilation. You have to understand, I am in a desperate fight...an end-of-times event. Danger looms on the horizon."

He looked to each of the Shugods, his gaze begging for their approval. "We need your help. If I could save my kingdom, I would give up everything- Magic and my life!" He exclaimed. "Good people will die without your help. Women. Children...I know your kingdoms were destroyed, I'm sorry, but don't let ours die too. I beg of you."

As the Silver King finished his plea, a tense silence fell upon the chamber. The eyes of the Shugods shimmered with ethereal energy. The Beetle, adorned with intricate golden armor, clicked its mandibles in contemplation. The Dragonfly's iridescent wings hummed softly, anticipation emanating from its slender frame. The Mantis, poised and vigilant, twitched its razor-sharp forelimbs. The Hornet buzzed with a quiet resolve, its tiny form radiating with raw energy. The Butterfly, its wings dusted with iridescent scales, fluttered gently as if caught in a mesmerizing dance.

From behind the Kuwagata Shugod, a larger being stepped forward - resembling a caucus beetle, its shell a sleek black with golden machinery sticking through parts of it. Its eyes meeting in a wordless agreement. With a single purpose, golden lightning traveled between its pincers and collected into one shape.

In that moment, a surge of power swept through the chamber, crackling with energy. The Silver King's eyes widened in awe as the Shugods' magic presented him with a black and golden sword. Upon gripping the handle he heard a voice speak to him.