18. birthday girl pt.1

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

Audrey woke up on January 29th already fresh and ready to go. She typically wasn't a morning person, but today she had to be. It was her birthday, after all.

The girls dormitory was awfully quiet, so Audrey assumed everyone was still sleeping. She had spent the night in the Gryffindor dorms for some late night birthday eve festivities.

When Audrey sat up, she realized that no one was there. Every bed was empty.
Feeling a bit confused, Audrey pulled on her robe to cover herself since she was wearing a short nightgown.

Slowly, Audrey made her way down to the common room. The one thing she hated about the Gryffindor tower was all the stairs.

As she reached the bottom, she heard someone shushed another person. She chuckled, sure it was her friends waiting downstairs for her.

"SURPRISE!" Audrey heard her friends exclaim as she reached the bottom of the stairs. All her friends, her best friends in the whole world, were standing before her, wishing her a happy birthday. She could have cried. Lily was the first to embrace her.

"Happy Birthday, sweetie," Lily whispered, clutching onto Audrey's shoulders. Audrey laughed, pulling her friend tighter into her arms.

The Marauders were there, all of them cheering and jumping around Audrey like she had just won a Quidditch match.

Barty and Evan both embraced the girl at once, spinning her around in the air as they whooped and hollered.

Dorcas and Marlene crowded Audrey, hugging and kissing her cheeks until she was sure she would suffocate.

And lastly, there was Regulus. He was never the excited type, so he stood back and watched his friends crowd around his girl, and the sight made him grin. Finally, Audrey turned to him, and he rushed forward to embrace her. He swung her around, discreetly kissing her cheek in the process.

"Happy Birthday, Drey," Regulus whispered. Audrey practically melted at the words. No one called her Drey except for him.

The morning was spent sitting in front of the common room fire, watching Audrey open her gifts from everyone, and seeing her laugh and desperately thank everyone for thinking of her.

Audrey was curled up next to Regulus, her head propped up by his broad shoulder. He had his arm around her, rubbing her shoulder as she opened her gifts. No one thought much of this, they were all too excited over Audrey's birthday.

"The rest of your surprise comes tonight," Lily said after the gifts were opened. "Oh! And I need to post you!"

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

lilyevans