Aziraphale's messy mind

Would it be better if he ran away with Crowley?
That has been the only thing on Aziraphale's mind since they parted.
The only thing occupying his mind for hours,days to weeks.
He decided to go back to Heaven..
to become and archangel and bring change to the universe but...
well if he is doing the right thing..acting like a true angel should...why does his heart still ache?
He knows he made the right decision..
He and Crowley were on their own side for a while, away from the strict rules of Heaven and Hell but..
"Nothing lasts forever"-are the words he told to Crowley, he was thinking that they can't keep running forever..sooner or later their time to change some stuff would come.
He thought that it is for the best for them to move on and start with something new,to bring a change to the universe together...
yeah together...the two of them
Oh how much he wanted them to be a forever type of thing...
that's why he pleaded....
he prayed..
why he hoped that Crowley would come to heaven with him but...
he didn't..
Was he being selfish or do they keep missunderstanding eachother even after 6000 years of walking the earth together..
If they both talked calmly....
understood eachother..
used right words...
what if there is still chance for them to have their happy moment..If Gabriel and Beelzebub were able to do it then...Aziraphale and Crowley can too..right?
That question stayed in the back of Aziraphales mind...he was a brave angel but at this moment..when it is something worth his own happiness..he is too scared to try and risk it all..
He always wanted to help..he wanted what is right for the univerese but..
maybe those decisions weren't right for him..
He hurt Crowley and for that he can't forgive himself...he can't forget..
.
.
.