chapter 1

A/N umm so like i've never written anything before so like let me cook.. LMFAO

                                No one's pov
        Amber freeman was just your average 17 year old girl. She was a senior in Highschool with a good group of friends. Chad, Mindy Liv, Wes, and her absolute best friend Tara Carpenter. Amber had quite a bit of popularity, but despite the fact that everyone knew who she was, deep down she was a shy girl who didn't talk to many people outside her friend group. Everyone knew her because she threw the BEST parties in woodsboro, and she was considered very attractive to most, if not all who crossed her path.
                                    Amber Pov
      I woke up to the buzzing of my 5am alarm, I groaned and lifted the covers off of me as I sat up. I rubbed my eyes and checked my phone. I didn't have many notis considering I wake up earlier than pretty much everyone else I talk to. I opened Tara's contact sending her a good morning message and then walking to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth put on some baggy sweats and a tank top, grabbed my headphones and my keys and walked to the car. I headed over to the gym where I would find myself working out for the next 2 hours. Although that might seem like a lot, going to the gym 2 hours before school everyday. It's what I love to do. It made me so happy, working out to better myself and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I've been coming to the gym since I was like 15. Since then, Ive developed pretty defined arms and some decent abs. I used to struggle with confidence and loving myself, but seeing myself in good shape like this makes me feel good. Whenever I'm stressed, this is where I come. Whenever I'm bored this is where I come. It's my safe space. Well, other than Tara.

      I just finished up my work out, today was chest and arms. I was feeling a little sore but it was about 7 am so I got into my car and drove home. I quickly jumped into the shower and began to get ready. I got out and dried myself off, brushed my teeth again and washed my face. I brushed my hair and walked to my room to put on an outfit. I settles on some loose fit black jeans, a green cropped tank top, some new balances and then put on a jacket considering it was chilly. On my way out I put on my heart locket necklace and a few rings. I pulled out my phone to check the time and saw I had a text from Tara.
                                      Tara Pov

     I woke up around 7:30 and I quickly got up and made my bed and then walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I sat back down on my bed and checked my phone scrolling through all my notifications but there was one in specific that caught my attention. It was a text from Amber.

                                  Ambs <33

good morning love, I hope u slept well. <33
5:15 am
                                    Morning <33. I slept good hbu??
                                                                                7:36 am

I slept alr, want me to pick u up tdy?
7:40 am
              sure!! If it's not too much trouble ofc lol
7:41 am
ofc not T, I'll pick u up at 8?
7:41 am
                                                             sounds great, ty :)
                                                                                7:42 am
❤️
7:42 am
    I shut off my phone, lightly blushing at the name she called me. love. I mean, best friends can have pet names for each other. Right?? It's normal. I got up and started rummaging through my closet finding something to wear. I settled on some light washed jeans and a white cropped shirt with a black zip up jacket over it. I put my hair up in a clip and grabbed my headphones and walked down stairs. While I was waiting for amber to pick me up I ate a banana in my kitchen leaning over the counter. I finished up and walked outside when amber honked her horn signaling that she was here. I walked outside and up to her car where I opened the door and jumped in the car. I greeted her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I noticed her turn her head a little bit and I saw a slight blush. I held back a smirk and decided to pretend not to see anything.

                                   Amber Pov

      "Hey!" Tara said as she hopped in and leaned over to kiss my cheek lightly. I felt face getting a bit hot and quickly brushed it off before responding. "Hey T, you look nice!" I told her. "Thanks ambs, you don't look so bad yourself." As she put her seatbelt on I began to drive off to school. When we got there I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and walked to the other side of the car and opened the door for her. I jokingly bowed and said "milady." When she got out she looked at me for a second and we just bursted out laughing. As we began walking over to our other friends hanging out in the same tables as always she grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. We sat down at the table and greeted everyone. I went and sat next to Mindy with Tara following and sitting beside me. "Hey guys!" Tara said as she sat down.

    Everyone greeted her back and then I just smiled at everyone. Everyone knew not to take it personal. I was not the most talkative person unless it was like mindy or Tara tbh. And they were okay with that. I loved how understanding my friends were. Well for the most part. There was always Wes. We all knew he had a crush on Tara, he was TERRIBLE at hiding his feelings for her. He would always give me weird looks and I could feel him glaring at me whenever I would be talking to Tara. I wasn't the most touchy person either, which they also understood. Except when it came to Tara. Whenever anything came to Tara I was almost always open to it.

    As everyone started talking to each other, and I was having a conversation with Mindy, I felt hot so I took off my sweater leaving me in just my tank top. I wasn't tall but i was definitely taller than most girls at our school. I had a pretty long torso so some shirt definitely had a cropped fit. I stretched and lifted my arms revealing my stomach a little bit, but I didn't think much of it.

   "DAMN freeman. Since when did you have abs??" asked Mindy with a small smirk.

"Since like.. a while ago I guess." I nervously chuckled because I'm not used to getting compliments about my body. I mean I've definitely been hit up by a few girls because they thought I was hot, but they never just talked about my body.

"Oh well, I guess I never noticed. DAMN GIRL UR ARMS TOO!" Mindy exclaimed.

"Dude you know I've been going to the gym why is it such a big deal all of a sudden?" I asked curiously.

"Oh it's not but like they're just really defined today that's all. You look good ambs, it's good that you take care of yourself." Mindy said.

"Thanks Mindy. You look good too." I laughed

                                     Tara Pov

    Mindy wasn't wrong. I definitely caught onto that too. The way her arms would slightly flex whenever she stretched or lifted them, the way her abs would slightly show from below her shirt, the way her hair flowed. Idk I've always thought my best friend was attractive but today was different. Something was different. I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts when the bell rang looking around for a sec before getting up and walking with amber to our first period. We got there and sat down in the same seats as always. Chatting a bit about anything and everything before the teacher walked in and started lecturing. One of the many things I love about her is how she makes me feel like I am being listened to, appreciated. We can talk about anything without feeling judged, and I'm glad I can call her my best friend.
-
-
-
A/N umm so that's the first chapter LMFAO. 1444 words.. I'm writing the second one rn. Im dropping them both at the same time so like the second one will already be out. Anyways gimme feedback bc Idrk what I'm doing.. anyways!