The Old Man : By JK

The clicking of shoes, followed by the clack of a cane, slowly grew louder.

Soonly enough, I heard a raspy soft voice say "yes?"

"Sir, is it okay if I ask you some questions?" I asked as I pulled out my notepad.

"Sure, I don't see why not.." He said with a slight chuckle.

"Thank you, the first question is, can you please define love?" I asked

The Old man smiled and shrugged his shoulders as he said unsurely, " I would if I could..."

I looked at the man puzzled but continued to ask, "have you ever been in love?"

The Old mans smile faded away as he was flooded with memories.

"I was..."

And thats when the Old man told me a tale I will never forget, and it went something like this.

"There was this boy, and this boy met a girl. Their conversations flowed endlessly, and he was in love or perhaps blinded. His friends all said that she was poison, but the boy turned them down and called them stupid. This boy was so in love, that he would have traveled to the ends of the earth for her if she asked."

The Old man took in a breath as he continued,

"But soon enough, the boy got hurt many times. Loving the girl still even after everything, the boy hurt, sat with his own anger and sadness. Blaming himself, asking if it was his fault or if he had things he had to improve. The boy is no longer a boy, he is now a man, a quiet man.

"Love is real, Yes, we can agree on that. Weather or not someone is serious about that love is a different question. The man loved the girl past love, yet ended up hurt. So I ask the question, Are you serious about love?"

The Old man let out a tear as he began to stand, and the clicking and clacking began as he walked away.