Piplaad Avatar

Narayan-Narayan, today Prabhu who is in the form of Gopa will tell the story of...

*coughing inbg*

Narad turns around to Samriddhi standing behind him. He gets a bit nervous.

Samriddhi – Yeh galat hai Narad Muni. You are telling the stories of Mahadev Avatars without me. That is not fair Narad Muni.

Narad- Then you also join in listening as you are also going to be a part of this story. Plus we need to tell people the reason behind the avatars story.

Samriddhi- Sure. (Sits down to listen) Which avatar story did Gopa start with?

Narad- Pipalaad Avatar.

Kameshi was laying tucked in the bed and Gopa was sitting near her.

Kameshi- Didi, now tell me the story of shiv avatars!

Gopa- Ok, today I will tell you the story of Pipalad avatar. There two to three versions of this story, but I will tell you the story of which makes more sense to me. It is between Shani dev and Piplaad avatar. The story goes like this,

Once upon a time, There was a Rishi named Dadhichi whose bones were made out of diamond. His wife name was Survacas. They were peacefully living in Ashram. Survacas was preganent at this with his baby.

One day, Indradev came to take help from Rishsi Dadhichi.

Dadhichi- Devraj Indra, what a good fortune I have that you came to my ashram. What kind of help do you want?

Indra- (hesitating)I have come to make an request which will put your life at stake.

Dadhichi- (confused) What is it Devraj?

Indra- (with sadness in his voice) I want your diamond bones for the creation of my celestial weapon to destroy Vritrasur. Please help me out.

Dadhichi goes into deep thinking for sometime. Then he smiles.

Dadhichi- I am ready to give my bones for the creation of your weapon. But before that I need to talk to my wife to make her understand my predicament.

Indradev nods his head. Dadhichi goes near Survacas who was doing Pooja at that time. He quietly stood behind her waiting for her to finish the Pooja. After sometime, when she finished her pooja and picked up the pooja thali to give prasad to her husband when she noticed hum standing behind her. She looked at him surprised.

Survacas- Arya, how come you are here now?

Dadhichi- (smiles) I just need to explain you about the great work I am going to do.

Dadhichi explains the entire situation to Survacas. She was stunned. Her eyes were welling up with tears. She wanted to say no, but she knew how much important this sacrifice was. She hugs him and starts crying her heart out. Dadhichi consoles her. He then leaves her and sits on a open ground. He prays to all the gods and takes Agni Samadhi. Survacas comes running outside and sees her Husband surrounded by fire. She wanted to jump in the fire to commit Sati as she could not live without him. But was stopped by Indra dev as she had life taking shape inside her.

She waited for the child to take birth. When the auspicious time came, she gave birth to a boy under Peepal tree. She left him under the peepal tree and took Samadhi. The boy was taken care by the Peepal tree, as the tree was providing him with the required nutrition through juice from it's leaves.

He grew up to be ascetic but he didn't know who his parents where or what happened to them. He gave his entire time in meditation.

One day, Narad Muni was passing by that Peepal tree. He saw the young ascetic in deep meditation and got impressed with him. He approached him respectfully.

Narad- Narayan-Narayan, who are you o great ascetic? What is your name?

The young ascetic- (opening his eyes and doing pranaam to Narad Muni) People call me Pippalad as I was found under this peepal tree, and this tree also provided my nutrition.

Narad- who are your parents?

Pippalad- I don't know, Muniji. The moment I opened my eyes, I saw that I was left under this Peepal tree. Can you please tell me, who are my parents oh great saint?

Narad nods and through his Trikaal Drishti, got to know who were the parents of Pippalad. He tells them their story.

Pippalad- Why did it ever happen to my parents? What were their fault?

Narad- This happened due to the previous life Karma of your father. He got previous life karmaphal in this life as that's how the cycle works. Shani dev is the one who looks after this. He is the Karmaphal Daata. Narayan-Narayan!

Saying this Narad Muni left.

Pippalad's eyes grew red with anger.

Pippalad- I take this vow that I will punish Shani dev for the grave mistake he has committed by taking away the protection of my parents away from me when I was just a small baby.

He started doing extreme penance and obtained a Brahmadand. He released that dand towards Shani dev, which hit Shani Dev's feet and broke it, due to which he started running slowly. Shani dev asked Mahadev to relieve him from his pain. Mahadev made Pippalad understand his mistake and the Brahmadand was taken back.

In other versions, Pippalad obtains the boon of burning someone whom he sets his eyes on. Then he calls Shani Dev and starts burning him. When the universe goes into chaos, at that point Brahmadev comes in, and saves Shani Dev.

Pippalad makes Shani Dev promise that he won't sit in any child's horoscope until the age of 5 and would not disturb any child who is under the age of 12.

Gopa- This is the story of Pippalad avatar of Mahadev. Now go to sleep, Kami (looks at her lovingly)

Kameshi- I will sleep but before that tell me whose story you will tell me next.

Gopa- Ummm, I will tell the story of Mahadev's favourite devotee, Nandi. And go to sleep, will you? (pats her head and slowly goes to sleep, all the while patting her head)

Kameshi- but...

Seeing Gopa fast asleep, she also went to sleep quickly.