To College Or To Not College

A/N: Just to let you know, this chapter is kinda long. (For my novels) Lol the cover looks that one elmo meme

Luz took in the bustling scene around her. Swarms of students streamed into the college building. Bright pink and orange trees swayed next to large, white letters that read, "Hexfront University of Wild Magic". The air was cool, and the breeze carried a faint smell of sawdust and fresh paint. Breathe in, breathe out. She stepped inside.

The halls were white, the lockers blue with green eyes. Posters dominated the walls, some had dogeared and worn edges, while others were so flat they must have been brand new. The human walked through the hallway searching the purple name tags on the lockers for her name, guided by the map and schedule the school had given her beforehand, when something violet caught her eye. However, it wasn't a name tag.

"Amity!"

"Luz!" Her girlfriend wrapped her in a tight hug. "My dad almost sent me to Guardian Uni, but I convinced him to send me here. Imagine being stuck with all those kids from Glandus!" Luz asked, "Have you found anyone else yet? Willow and Gus said they're going here too."

Amity shook her head and said, "No, but Hunter's taking the glyph class with you. Tell me ALL about it after class." Luz nodded, then glanced at the billboard in the hallway. "We have to be in the main room in a few minutes. Walk with me?"

Amity accepted, and the two walked holding hands, their tight grips reassuring each other that college was going to be just fine.

. . .

After Belos had been extracted from the Titan's corpse, the titan's hand had been raised high enough it might have just been holding up the stars. This piqued Lillith's curiosity, but someone or other had managed to talk her out of venturing up the steep hike. But this time, that wasn't going to happen. Lillith called out Hooty's name, and in a brown blur, the owl demon was beside her. "Wanna go on an adventure?" She smirked.

A few minutes later, Lilith was walking through the forest as the afternoon breeze ruffled her hair, with Hooty in his backpack form on her back. "Wait, you want to go on a quest that is insane and will end in certain death?" Lilith cringed. "I'm in! So, how exactly are we going to lower the titan's arm? It's kind of an impossible task." Lilith adjusted her glasses and flipped her hair out of her face. "Easy. We set up a trinket stand of random things we find in the forest, like this." Lilith picked up a rock shaped like a face. It growled at her and she immediately dropped it.

"Okay, maybe not that one, but there's so much you can find in Bonesburough!" Hooty nodded his head in agreement, then asked her what the next part of her plan was. "Then we use our hard earned money to buy a long rope from the hardware store by the arm. After that, we hike up the arm and hook the rope to the top of the arm. We climb down and gather the people who lived on the arm to help pull the rope down." The owl chirped, "And then we save the day?!" Lilith nodded. "And then we save the day." "Sounds like a plan!" Replied Hooty. Lilith smiled. "There's absolutely no way this can go wrong!"

"Don't jinx it" Both adventurers jumped at the sight of the talking rock.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

. . .

I'm sick of this place, she thought. She had told her parents over and over again that she wanted to attend Hexfront, but they had insisted she went to Guardian University. "It'll be good for you, honey. We won't be able to support you at home with our new jobs at the Arm. Boarding school is the only option." Mom had said.

"But Mom, I'm going to be stuck with the kids from Glandus that hate me! Tell her, Ma!" But Ma had just shook her head and said she would've done something if she could have.