The Release Part 1

"Ryan, Hannah's not waking up." Warned Ariel

"Wh- What!? Is she-" Ryan exclaimed before he was briefly knocked out by a sudden force to his right.

Ryan wakes up to see a faint, light-brown skinned figure with a white T-shirt pulling away from a man with an orange T-shirt. The former seemed to be pulling really hard to their backpack as much as the white person was... trying to pull her to its teeth!?

The person trying to pull her was stuck through the shattered bus window to the left side of the bus.

The Latina student rapidly unzipped her bag & snatched her hardcover "A Kid's Zombie Survival Guide" book...a bit too fast, as the book fell from the bag.

Ryan quickly got up & rushed to the book to her. Just as she was about to have a deep, infectious mark, he shoved the ravaged person away from her.

For the savage beast was bashed in the face over and over again by her book.

Even with the previous outbreak they witnessed 5 years ago, the kids briefly trembled. They stared with wide eyes and heightened eyebrows at the lifeless woman with a mess surrounding what was once a head. The latina dropped the book out of her widened eyes & mouth, the book fell from her hands & dropped on its front cover.

The kids then drew their attention to the incoming chaos surrounding the bus. People are screaming, running as zombies slowly follow in pursuit.

Others are driving their cars into buildings.

Cars, buildings & gas stations explode as undead heads are being striked, whether (for example) by some random makeshift club made of thick layers of paper, or pens and pencils people could get.

The cars are too close to the traditional bus doorways for them to open, but the emergency exit of the back of the bus didn't look blocked to the kids. One of them managed to open the door and the rest followed the kid heading outside the bus and into the chaos.