Chapter 3. Empathy

There is mentions of abuse and domestic violence in this chapter. If you are sensitive to those subjects, please avoid reading any further.

 If you are sensitive to those subjects, please avoid reading any further

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

•───•⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇•───•

The night passes uneventfully. Han hides beneath his covers after texting Minho, pulling the blanket over his head and leaning into his pillow. His mind was fuzzy, detailed with images of his morning spent with Minho, making notes of his gestures and body language. Han's mind was already chaotic on a day-to-day basis, but adding a boy into the mix made it all that much worse.

Minho watches his phone for a text, feeling a knot in his stomach as anxiety crawls up his spine. I don't know why I'm so worried. Minho composes himself and settles at his desk, sleep escaping him as he thinks back to his unexpected nap. With a clear mind, he begins studying and writing, mind at ease once his phone vibrates with the alert of a text.

Morning follows after a dull night of quiet slumber and studying. The skies were clear, water-colored in an array of oranges and pinks, glowing with a shimmering yellow as the sun rose. Han refuses to leave the comfort of his bed, listening to his alarm pester him for the next minute after it goes off until he can no longer stand it.

His house is quiet this morning. Dad must've left earlier than expected, which results in a morning spent without fear of listening to an argument. He goes about his routine, finding clothes to wear and grabbing his school items before begrudgingly remembering he never did any of his homework. He scrambles to grab food for the walk there, hoping to find some time before the first block to do some work before it's due.

Meanwhile, Minho struggles to get out of bed, exhaustion pulling at his eyes as he rolls out from beneath his covers, reaching for his phone to text Han.

'Sleep okay?' is all he asks as he leaves his room to start his morning, brushing his teeth and getting dressed, followed by grabbing a banana before heading out the door.

Han reaches campus in a rush, almost too worried to notice that he was nearly the first person there. He runs to his class without thought, grabbing out his notebook and pencils, looking for his unfinished assignment hidden away in a random binder.

Thankfully with muscle memory, Han finds the paper and begins writing in answers hurriedly and anxiously.

"Jisung!" Felix calls for his friend as he enters their shared first block, watching him rush through last night's work.

"Not now, Lix." Han says, eyes deeply invested into his forgotten homework.

"Oh," Felix pretends to be offended. "We're suddenly serious."

"I forgot to do my work last night, alright?" Han sighs, flipping a page in his book before scouring for another answer.

"The Han Jisung forgetting to do his work?" Felix settles into the seat next to him. "Tsk, tsk, tsk."