Chapter IX - The Reason

When Aldor woke, she still felt him inside her. His power left its mark as if it were his very flesh. Now hers was feverish. Her dreams were filled with pulsing bands of energy that felt like him. The golden blanket he wrapped around her was still there, and she felt it everywhere. Everywhere. All night, it penetrated and ravaged her, held her in deep embraces, then pinned her to the ground while it eased between her legs.

It moved inside her again, and his eyes bored into her. The gentle push fell into a soft caress, and a wanton sigh escaped her lips. She was still swollen and soaked from last night. She couldn't fathom how it never occurred to her to put the Force and lovemaking together. It seemed obvious as she restlessly rolled her hips to greet the pulse inside her, and a golden sheet of him tightened its hold.

She opened her eyes to see a shatter of brown glass engulfed in flame, reflecting a thousand times over as another throb of golden power filled her womb with blissful static. He was lying on his side, still seething. Another shuddering sigh escaped her lips, and Din's chest shook through a low, ragged huff. She was sure he would cross the room and take her for real. She begged him to.

A coo from the pod between them forcefully routed desire and kept them where they were while they watched the little green child hop down to the floor to seek his father. Din sat up, prepared for the morning ritual as his son padded toward him. Aldor glimpsed it only once before, and felt honored to witness it now. Din bent his face to Grogu's, and the boy squealed and laughed before he pressed his tiny nose to the tip of his father's. The Mandalorian's smile curved deep into his dark mustache, and his eyes fell to pieces.

It was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen. But she looked away, and turned her face back into her pillow, afraid this was too sacred a moment between father and son to intrude upon.

"You're as much his mother as I am his father, my Lady," he said. Both her men watched her expectantly, and Aldor shied away from the two pair of beloved brown eyes. Overwhelmed by Din's statement, she smiled and buried her face entirely, fighting tears that were born in her chest when it became too much to keep her feelings inside. "Grogu," Din said softly to his son. "Go tell your mother she can intrude all she wants." In the next instant, a little green blur flew up to the bunk and landed hard enough on her belly to bring a grunt to her lips even as she laughed and caught him up in her arms, infusing the precious boy with everything that burst from her heart.

Grogu purred and wrapped his little arms around her neck as Aldor sat up and pressed a kiss to his sweet little head, holding him tight against her to make sure he knew how honored she was to be called his mother. Grogu kissed her cheek and cuddled closer. He knew.

She looked over Grogu's head to Din, where he sat watching, a tiny smile locked in place while his eyes fell apart. "You are, my Lady... his mother..." he said in a deep, soft tone. "He couldn't love you more if you'd given birth to him." Grogu pressed a kiss to her cheek to reinforce his fathers words, then cooed as he buried his face in her shoulder. Aldor cuddled him closer a moment more and continued to fight tears until another smooch on her cheek roused her. Too moved to do anything but care for her loved ones, she got up as she gave Grogu one last squeeze, then another kiss on his head before she set him down, headed for the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

While they ate, Din told her he intended to go for a hunt before the weather turned. He would take Grogu with him. "Just a fresh buck," he said. "We won't go far, but... could take awhile... they're moving toward the Iris."

Aldor agreed, but insisted she be the one to go the next time they needed meat. "I've missed hunting. I might even let you both come with me. You could help me."