Chapter Sixty-Five

I run through thick jungle vines, which slow me down when I have to whack them out of the way. I find myself running through mud and it makes my invisibility ineffective. Up ahead I can see the boulders rise, a cave opens and it's lit by luminescent moss, but I don't want to get stuck in a confined space.

I figure if I can increase my speed just enough, I can hop and leap up the boulders, I just need the right foot hold. And if I'm really smart, I could use a vine to choke my Elion Hunter – I just needed to be above him.

I increase my speed, and I hear Alpha Centauri running up behind me, audibly laughing! Of course he was maniacal about hunting me.

I scream as his strong arms come around me and lift me right off my feet. His own legs had been powering him forward so he glides through the mud with me, keeping his balance immaculately.

Alpha Centauri comes to a muddy stop and shoves me forward, in a spin. I hold my hands out behind me as they smack into the boulder, keeping me upright as Alpha Centauri watches me with his scanning steel eyes, reading me for any more escape attempts.

I almost swear, but Alpha Centauri glints like formidable dark blue steel, all of him. In the dark, he is a much darker, and the low light reflects off him in sparkles like he is also slightly luminescent. His six fangs are on glorious display for me as he gets his breath back.

"Diana," Alpha Centauri drawls my name, and he steps closer. I move back until my spine is curving against the rock, as he corners me and grabs my shoulder, "...relax..."

"I thought you brought me here to die–" I gulp when I see the Estori's eyes gloss over with a darker sheen.

"No, I don't want you in pieces," Alpha Centauri looks to my heart, and he places his hand under my breast, over my rib cage to feel my heart racing, "Are you scared of your feelings, puny human?" Alpha Centauri couldn't sound anymore smug, nor weirdly empathetic, as he watches my mouth tremble.

"S-so, what do you really want?" I ask.

Alpha Centauri's hand slides down my rib cage to my pregnant belly, where his baby grows. It was one of the first things he did to me when he met me. He seemed interested in making Kor babies. Ha... I look down at his hand splayed over me, as he waits.

"I detect two heart beats," Alpha Centauri whispers, "Twins... like Regalis and I."

"Two?" I whisper back, suddenly clasping my hands over his hand. I suddenly smile, "Oh, I can't wait – um, I need to ask, who will give me venom and be my Guardian since your instincts will... work against you when I finally go into labour...?"

"I need someone capable," Alpha Centauri murmurs, "Arcturus."

"Why not Mars?" I whisper.

"Because Arcturus needs to soften his bite," Alpha Centauri suddenly drops to his knees and leans down to kiss my belly, his teeth gently gliding along my skin. His hands rest on my hips and I stay very still with his inspection. The Estori looks up at me.

I am speechless. He looks so handsome, so loving on my belly. I love it.

"Empress," Alpha Centauri whispers the title, and I hear and feel every truth in the word.

"Please answer me. Why did you bring me here?" I ask now, curious as I touch a finger to his strands of hair, feeling through the black length.

"Politics bores me," Alpha Centauri grins slyly as he stands back up and hoists me over his shoulder in one go. He turns and strides with purpose into the cave.

I run my hands down his back while he finds a good spot to lay me down.

He drops me onto a bed of fluffy moss and I curl my fingers through it, "Oh, it's really soft, like feathers, I thought it might be spongey," I lean back with my legs crossed as Alpha Centauri's cock greets me with a small tap to my cheek. I had been looking down when he stepped onto the rock and knelt with one knee at my side, to rub his shaft all along my face. I gasp as I feel how hot he is. I can't help but lick the side of it, as the side of his shaft runs along my lips, back and forth, teasing me.