95

In July, B City entered midsummer. During the college entrance examination in 2014, Ji Wei received an offer from Cambridge.

That year, several teenagers were exhilarated when they got the news. Jin Ziyang couldn't believe it, and happily said, "F*ck, Wei Ge really got in."

This was Ji Wei's sixth college entrance examination. He spent five more years than anyone else, doing the same thing day after day.

When his peers entered society, Ji Wei still carried his schoolbag to and fro school. He was being laughed at and no one understood him, but this summer, he got what he wanted.

Pei Chuan received his call, and was in a rather good mood.

Bei Yao asked him what happened.

She recently went to work as an intern pediatrician, and started to get busy. After Pei Chuan told her, Bei Yao was very impressed. "He really has perseverance. After so many years, his dream has not wavered."

Pei Chuan said, "En." He paused for a while. "People who have perseverance deserve heaven. To undergo so much hardship, and still strengthen their resolve, even three thousand warriors of Yue State could swallow the State of Wu*."

*t/n: 三千越甲可吞吴. It is said that the warriors of Yue State are weak. This sentence meant even if you’re weak, no matter how difficult things are, don't be discouraged.

She nodded vigorously.

Pei Chuan smiled. She thought he was talking about the philosophy of life, but instead, he saw himself from Ji Wei.

A person did seemingly impossible things. Year after year, going through fire and water just because of liking it too much. Looking stupid and persistent, but never giving up.

When Bei Yao went to the hospital for an internship, Pei Chuan happened to be researching a salient project.

His dark pupils looked at her. "It's the country’s secret project, I may not be able to go home for a month."

At first, she didn't think too much about it. After all, the two of them were apart from time to time. Bei Yao smiled and nagged him. "Then you have to take good care of yourself, don't worry about me."

Pei Chuan’s gaze moved slightly. There was some complicated feeling that he couldn't understand, and he responded softly.

But, Bei Yao's internship almost caused a stir in the hospital.

She was so beautiful this year. Her cheeks were white and rudy, paired with a set of clear eyes, her eyelashes were like two butterfly wings.

She was a southern girl and spoke with a soft tone; like water flowing in front of the door, like the wind in March.

Everyone knew what it meant to be an intern. As a young girl who just graduated, she might not have a boyfriend. And even if she did, it meant that they have to separate and enter a long-distance relationship or just completely break up.

Bei Yao was humble, polite, and genial.

At the same time, the whole hospital was filled with male hormones.

There was an enthusiastic lady in the neurosurgery department, Dr. Zhang. Before finishing work on Wednesday, Dr. Zhang pulled Bei Yao, beaming with a smile. "Little Bei ah, do you know the director of our department, Director Zhou?"

Bei Yao thought for a while. "I think I saw him once. Is he that very young, tall, and slender director?"

"Yes, the one with glasses."

Dr. Zhang said, "I think he is interested in you. He has been asking about you these few days, and questioned me who the little intern girl with me is. Our Director Zhou isn't even 30 this year. He is the first-class golden bachelor in our hospital. He has a good family background, has studied abroad, and is handsome. Everyone in the hospital knows how many girls like him, but they never see him liking anyone. This is the first time he actively asked for information, you could consider him."