Secrets

Dad had just picked me up and revealed that Serenity was missing

Dad had just picked me up and revealed that Serenity was missing. There was no way! What was the point of those karate clubs I was sending her to? She'd been going since she was 7, had she not learnt anything?!

Now I was being pulled out of my night shift, I was sweaty from working and tired from no sleep. If only sleeping was a job.

It's not though.

My dad quickly dropped me off so he could park the door while I rang the doorbell. They didn't have a doorbell so I knocked instead.

Jenna opened the door looking solemn like she just watched Jenna Marshall from Pretty Little Liars die! And that's a very devastated look since she loved that character.

But she was an actor and could easily lie. I had been her best friend since I started taking. I knew her like the front of my hand...because I know nothing about the back.

She pulled me into an immediate hug and I saw behind her that Jasmine's eyes were glazed with tears.

I pulled away annoyed. They weren't seriously trying to lie to me about something this serious.

"Is this a joke?"

That was what came out of my mouth and I accidentally made it come out much ruder than I intended.

Jason was standing near the stairs and if anyone would tell the truth it was him. He is probably the most honest person I've ever known since he was younger.

"Did she seriously get kidnapped?"

He nodded then my other two younger sisters came charging down the stairs behind Jason.

Jason stood back giving them plenty of space to walk past him. Hailey dodged him sideways but Harley felt the need to barge into his shoulder, but he barely reacted.

Hailey ran up to me and pulled me into her soft embrace.

"Did you get any news on it?" Harley asked impatiently, chewing her nails with an irritated and tired look on her face.

Harley was probably the second most honest person I knew because of how straightforward she was and down-to-earth with no time for nonsense.

That was something that I admired about her.

Hails looked pretty calm for someone like her. She would probably just say she didn't care but we all knew even though Serenity didn't seem to like her much, Hailey cared about her a lot.