IV. FULL MOON FRIDAY

Hell raising, hair raising, I'm ready for the worst

CHAPTER FOUR —
full moon friday

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

SOMEONE WAS TOUCHING HER, Maeve couldn't see but she could feel the tight grip these hands had on her arm. A blindfold covered her eyes and it felt like the person who was holding onto her was leading her somewhere, but they weren't doing it gently.

This stranger moved fast and it was almost as if they were dragging her because she kept tripping over her own feet. Maeve could feel her heart racing in her chest, it was matching the vibration of the room next door, and the sound of her breath was loud in her ears.

She wanted to ask where they were going but her mouth wouldn't open, maybe it was the fear paralyzing her or the whisper in her head telling her to shut up.

There was a sound of a door opening and the music got louder, it was a party and they had walked into the middle of it. Maeve felt the heat of shining strobe lights as they went up some stairs onto a stage and then she felt the ground move away from underneath her as another two sets of hands grabbed her right arm and her legs.

The panic got worse and they moved her to lay on what felt like a table. She could hear the music loud and clear; people were partying around her, not a care in the world. The three who had lifted her began to strap her limbs down and she wanted to scream. What in the actual hell was happening right now?

They stepped back and smaller hands came to wipe the tears from her cheeks, she hadn't noticed that she was crying until then. She was shushed gently, somehow hearing it over the music, "No llores."

She sniffled and the hands left her face, she had a second before there was an agonizing sharp pain under her sternum. As the knife dragged up, the scream ripped from Maeve's throat and her body shot up in bed.

The fear and pain in her scream echoed as one hand gripped her stomach and the door to her bedroom practically slammed open. The lights turned on and someone was grabbing her arms again. She thrashed in their hold and then she heard the voice of her grandmother, "Maeve, please calm down!" The soft hands of her grams moved from her arms to wrap around her shoulders and she stopped trying to pull away.

Now, instead of screaming and crying, she was just shaking and sniffling. The brunette looked up to see her grandfather standing in the doorway with a bat in his hands. The absurdity of seeing his wooden bat would've made her want to laugh a bit, but the looks of concern in her direction and the unsettled nerves prevented that.

"Maeve, what happened?"

Maeve's breath stuttered before she could answer,"It was a nightmare, I'm sorry."

"My goodness Maeve, you about gave us a heart attack. We thought someone was in here," Her grandfather's gruff voice came this time. "You're screaming like a banshee, I thought you got murdered."