ғᴏᴜʀ

࿇ ══━━━━✥ Matt ✥━━━━══ ࿇

The next Tuesday, Abernaphy told us to say who we were going to do the project with.

Everyone ran to the teacher to tell her who they wanted to work with, except for Aurora and me.
When I looked over at her, she was already looking at me.

"We're the only ones left, huh?" she said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I think so."

"Then we probably have no choice but to work together." She said it all so calmly and it didn't seem to bother her.

I shook my head ironically. "I knew this would happen from the beginning."

She rolled her eyes. "Can you stop being such a smartass?" she said and I got up to go to Ms. Abernaphy and say that I would work with Aurora.

"Who is your partner Mr. Sturniolo?" she asked and looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Aurora." I said and her eyebrows went up even more.

"Are you sure? They didn't seem to be getting along very well the last time."

"We are the only ones left, we have no choice." I explained.

"In such situations, I could also offer you to split the topic and do the presentation alone. "The teacher said and I looked at Aurora.

She was looking at her cell phone and stroking a strand of hair out of her face. I missed her as a friend and somehow I felt sorry for her that she had no friends.
She would have preferred to do the project alone, but it was also our chance to become friends again.

I turned back to Mrs. Abernaphy. "We'll do the project in pairs."

"Are you sure? Aren't you going to ask her?"

"No, we've talked about it, and a problem shared is a problem halved, right?"

She looked at me critically. "Okay, then I'll write you down as a team, but I expect a lot from you after last Friday, don't forget that." She said and I went back again.

"What took you so long?" asked Aurora.

"Nothing important, she just asked if we were sure to work together and I told her that we were the only ones left."

She laughed. "The woman is not really smart." She stated and I just nodded. We were directly assigned the topics and our topic was the second world war.
...

࿇ ══━━━━✥ Aurora ✥━━━━══ ࿇

"If you have time today, we can meet right away for the project." Matt said as we walked out of the room together.

I was about to say that I had time, but then I remembered that I already met with Ben.

"Today I can not, but tomorrow would fit." I said and looked at him.

I did not understand him somehow. I had been so mean to him in the last year but he was so nice to me despite everything, I didn't deserve that.

We used to be so close, he was my best friend. And now because of me we were like strangers, it didn't feel like we ever knew each other anymore.

"Okay then tomorrow, do you want to go to my place or should we go to yours?" he asked and I bit my lower lip.

Either we go to him and his brothers who hate me and his mom who also thinks I was on a drug withdrawal or we go to me and my dad who will probably come home drunk again tonight and show Matt what the situation is like at my house. And knowing him, he would worry again and he didn't need to, everything was okay.