21. Funeral

The whole Glee club was sitting in the choir room with Mr. Schue in front of them and Jesse St. James next to him, "New Directions... I would like to introduce you to our new show choir consultant... Jesse St. James."

"FUCK YOU!" Rio and Blaire yelled.

"Rafael, Blaire!" Mr. Schue yelled back.

"Just saying what everyone's thinking," Blaire shrugged and crossed her arms glaring at him. Sam was still severely confused on what happened and just sat back as everyone complained.

"I don't trust this guy," Puck added, sulking.

"How do we know he's gonna trick us into doing something stupid so his alma mater wins?" Finn asked Mr. Schue.

Jesse smirked and answered for him, "I don't need to do much tricking to get you to do something stupid, Finn."

"And I don't need to do anything to make you look ugly," Blaire smiled at him sweetly and he smiled back.

"Guys, Jesse is just a consultant. I still make all the calls," Mr. Schue reminded them. "I have all the confidence in the world in you guys. I just think we could use all the help we can get because... this is it. We've been working so hard for two years for this moment, and that moment is finally here. I was talking with Jesse and he agreed we should continue with our successful trend... of doing original songs for the competition. I was thinking of doing one group number and one duet."

"Rachel and I should sing a duet. We killed it last year at regionals with "Faithfully.""

"Yeah. It killed us. We lost," Quinn reminded him with an eye roll, pissed that her boyfriend wanted to sing a duet with another girl.

"May I?" Jesse asked, gesturing to the group.

"No," Blaire told him.

"Uh, yeah," Mr. Schue nodded.

Jesse stepped forward, "I agree that Rachel should sing lead, but, Finn, I think it's best if you sit this one out. The fact is, most of the other guys in here are better singers...and Mike Chang, who can't even sing, can at least dance. You kind of sing and dance like a zombie who has to poop." Blaire tried her hardest not to chuckle, it was good.

"You see what I'm talking about? This guy's a jerk!" Finn exclaimed as everyone else laughed around him. I mean have you seen his dancing? It's true.

"Uh, Jesse? Maybe you could be a little gentler with your advice," Mr. Schue suggested.

"Gentle?"

"Yes."

Jesse laughed, "I'm sorry. I didn't realize we were training for the "Good Try" ribbon at nationals. I thought we were in it to win the whole thing, and there's only one way we can do that."

"Poison darts?" Brittany suggests.

He shook his head, "The Vocal Adrenaline strategy is simple. Identify your best performer and build the entire performance around them."

"So what does everyone else do?" Mercedes questioned and Blaire crossed her arms, that was Vocal Adrenaline's style, not theirs.

"And who's our star performer?" Puck asked from the back.

"We're gonna have auditions to find out. I'm gonna post a sign-up sheet later this afternoon," Mr. Schue explained and Blaire's jaw dropped.

"You've got to be kidding," she whispered annoyedly.

"Don't you think this is kinda not our style?" Finn asked softly. This just really wasn't them.

Sam came back with a counter, "Normally I'd agree with you, but this is the big time. I think we should listen to Jesse." Blaire looked at him with a head tilt and he refused to look her in the eye. This made Jesse smile which Blaire really didn't like.