chapter Nine

Alyssa led Adalynn in and turned around to close the door. She let out a gasp of surprise as the lights turned on out of nowhere. Alyssa turned around seeing her mother and father, Amy and Christopher standing in front of her.

She watched as her mother's eyes teared up before her mother ran towards her and threw her arms around her. "My sweet child, your home! Please forgive us, we wanted a baby for so long we didn’t care what happened." Amy said as she sobbed.

Alyssa froze before hugging her mother back. It wasn’t like she wasn’t glad to see her mother but her mother is the reason Alyssa is in this mess, Alyssa gently pushed her mother back before turning to her father who had welling up tears in his eyes but not letting them fall.

"Hey dad." Alyssa said as she watched as her father walked over to her and hugged her before pulling back, wiping his tears away, he cleared his throat.

"Lyss, how are you here? Does he know you're here? Who is this lady you brought with you?"
Her dad asked her.

Alyssa shook her head.

"No Eli-" she cut herself remembering her parents didn’t know Elijah by his real name.

"One question at a time dad, no Lucifer doesn't know I'm here."

she pointed to Adalynn before continuing. "All you need to know is that her name is Adalynn and she helped me escape hell, now we don't have long to chitty-chat. I'm sure by now Lucifer has noticed I'm gone, where is my car? If I wanna escape him for good, I need to go on the run until he decides to give up." Alyssa explained.

Amy frowned and teared up looking at her daughter. "Lyss. There is no way you can out run him, he is the devil. He didn't get that title just because he could."

Alyssa sighed before opening her mouth to speak. "Mom, I know how he is. In case you forgot I've been with him for two months! He may not have hit me or worse but I'm not stupid, I know he's a ruthless asshole." She snapped at her mother, noting paying attention to her mother’s tears before looking at her father.

"Now where is my car? We have wasted enough time talking."

Christopher sighed before walking into the kitchen. She heard him pick up what sounded like keys before coming back to where she stood in the hallway. "No matter how much I dislike your mother she is also right but I believe you know what you are doing. Your jeep is in the garage, we didn't want to get rid of the only thing we had left of you." her dad explained.

Alyssa grabbed the keys from her fathers hand and motioned Adalynn to follow her before looking at her father and mother. "Your guy’s selfish reasons to have me is the reason why I am running from him. I understand why you did what you did but thanks to you guys, I'm now bound to him for God knows how long, maybe forever. So sorry but I cannot and will not forgive you guys." Alyssa said before she walked to the garage hearing her mother start to sob behind her.

Alyssa got in the jeep and started it as Adalynn got in the passenger seat, Alyssa pressed the button for the garage watching as the door to the garage slowly started to go up. Alyssa put the jeep in drive and began to drive away from her parents house.

Alyssa and Adalynn had been driving for three hours. Adalynn turned to Alyssa before speaking in a soft sympathetic voice.

“Don't you think you were a little hard on them? From what you told me it wasn’t easy for them to give you, think about how they feel.” Adalynn looked at her as she said the words.

Alyssa gripped the steering wheel in her hands as she felt anger flow in her veins, she looked over at Adalynn with anger in her eyes.“Think about how they feel?! Are you fucking kidding me right now?! What about me?! I was forced to leave everything and everyone I love and yet they got to live on earth like nothing ever happened!”