Roommates

Summary:

Louis and Harry are roommates. Harry had put up an ad for a roommate, and Louis moved in. Harry notices that Louis only survives on takeout out, and when he leaves for his shift, he cooks an extra plate of food for Louis with a note.

💚💙💚💙

Harry groaned at the sound of his alarm. Don't get him wrong, he loves his job as an emergency room trauma surgeon, especially now that his residency is finally over and he is making money. His student loans are all paid up, and he can finally afford a work-social (kind of, he's still always at work) life balance. He doesn't need to live off of his friends anymore, and he's in a good place. The problem is, he had just come back at two a.m., and now he needs to go back onto shift. He was on call for the past 24 hours, which meant he didn't need to be at the hospital, but if they needed him, he was supposed to show up. They called him in at noon, and he worked until two a.m.

He sighs, sits up, and rubs at his eyes. He quickly gets out and into his ensuite for a shower to help wake himself up.

Typically, the hospital wouldn't make him stay that long if they didn't need him, but Harry offered. He loves his job too much, and truthfully, there's nothing to do when he's off. His best friend, Ashton Irwin, is in a boy band called 5 Seconds of Summer, and they are currently on tour. His childhood best friend, Ed Sheeran, is currently in LA doing some other music stuff with his band and team. As for how Harry's two and only friends are musicians, he doesn't know.

Don't get him wrong, he makes a lot of friends wherever he goes, but they're more like acquaintances. At work, he would talk with his fellow doctors and nurses, and they have a great relationship, but once they are off, they're all busy with family, so they don't have time to hang out.

He's not lonely.

Well, okay, he is, but he doesn't allow himself to overthink about it.

That's why he put up an ad for a roommate. He lives in a four-bedroom, four-bathroom flat that has two floors. The top floor has three bedrooms, and the bottom has one bedroom but has the kitchen, dining and living room area. He also has his office at the end of the hall on the first floor. It's spacious, it's big, and Harry didn't need anyone to help him with rent. He just thought having someone living in his space would be nice.

He knew it was a risk, given it was a total stranger, but he didn't want to be the only living person in this space anymore, and he wasn't ready to turn into a cat person.

The roommate has been great. He keeps the common areas clean and isn't too loud or throws parties. The issue, though, is Harry has never met the person.

When he was moving in, Harry got called to the hospital, so he had his neighbour to keep an eye out. He has the person's number, and they've talked over text a few times about the place. He had told them that the key was under the mat and that he had to work.

All he knows is that the lad is named Louis Tomlinson, and he is a third-year university student. When he learned he was a student, Harry lowered his rent from $1000 to $500. Again, he doesn't need the money and can easily cover both rents, but he remembers how badly he struggled in school with rent and felt terrible.

The other issue is Louis doesn't know how to cook. Harry is constantly finding boxes and bags in the trashcan, and at first, Harry lets him be, but now, he is a bit worried for the lad's health.

"This is stupid," he grumbles and sighs as he stares into the bowl. He groans, puts together the pancake ingredients, and makes a batch of regular, chocolate, and blueberry.

'I don't know what he likes,' he thought as he stacked eight pancakes of each flavour on three different plates. He takes one for himself and eats while he cooks lunch to work because hospital food is not the greatest.