Prologue: Shadowwalker

It was very dark at night in the Rainforest. You might be thinking, 'Of course it's dark, it's nighttime, duh!' But this was a different dark; the kind of dark that's so black, you can't even see your own talons in front of your face. 

So far Shadowwalker hated it. He didn't know why he was chosen to steal a RainWing egg tonight. It was a terrible night, and even though NightWings could see plenty well in the dark, it was still hard to navigate the Rainforest even in not full darkness. Things kept jumping out at you, and scuttling over your claws. It was horrible in every way, and plus it was raining, which made everything squishier and even more horrible. 

Then Shadowwalker saw water. Lots and lots of water. He had found the ocean. The ocean here was very pretty, but the NightWing was not looking for the ocean, he was looking for the animus-touched tunnel that lead to the NightWing Island. It started raining even harder, and Shadowwalker didn't think it was possible, but it got even darker than before. 

It was too much for him. He quickly flew to a nearby island, and put the thrice moons-cursed egg in a little hidden nook with lots of moss and large leaves. "Perfect", the NightWing thought. "Now nothing can break it, and it has a nice, soft little place to hatch in" "What is happening to me?" asked himself Shadowwalker. "Why do I care about a stupid egg, especially a RainWing one?!". Then, he curled up nearby the egg, and fell asleep.