Alix Monster&Kevin Ghost(Kelix)

I apologize greatly for not updating more often. My life has been really crazy and nothing I wrote seemed to work out. But I'm back! I'm pretty busy this month but I do plan to update this more often.

About this story! This story has been on and off for 10 months. I started the first and last paragraph almost 10 months ago and I just have had such a hard time trying to write the rest. At one point I started giving up every other sentence. But I never gave up on the story itself. And I did it!! It isn't the best but it is better than it was the past two times. This works is called Ghost In The Graveyard. I hope you like it!

~

Cold night air stung every victim it could reach. The full moon tried desperately to break through the misty air and thick clouds. The view of the distant galaxy looking almost non-existent as it hid cowardly behind the fog. The night was beautiful. And the group of seven teens couldn't agree more. Alister, Sami, Evan, Eric, Manny, Abby, and myself; Alix. Nights such as these were always the best to go into the graveyard and play their favorite game. Our favorite game. And that game was Ghost in the Graveyard.

No, you do not need to be in an actual graveyard to play Ghost in the Graveyard. The graveyard was nothing more than a place where the game really seemed to come to life. The rules of the game were rather simple. You establish a safe spot, and pick one person to be the ghost. Everybody covers their eyes and counts to give time for the ghost to hide. Counting from one O'clock, to midnight. After counting, everybody goes out to try to find the person claimed as ghost. Once somebody spots the ghost, that person yells "Ghost in the Graveyard!" At that point of the game, everybody runs back to the previously agreed safe spot, trying not to be caught by the ghost. Whoever is tagged then becomes the next ghost. That was it.

The group all ran out of Eric's house, and into the graveyard. "Hurry up, Alix," Sami shouted. "Remember, the last one to the safe spot is the ghost!" The safe spot was usually a big, old oak tree in the middle of the graveyard, which towered above everything else. The sound of feet running over the ground and everyone's laughter were the only sounds in the night. That was just how we liked it. But the others were already getting pretty far ahead, so ran full speed after them. I was known to be a fast runner, so I made it there in time. I made it to the save spot just before Manny, so Manny was it. "That's it, Manny. You're it!" Alister seemed happy that Manny was last and not him. But I could tell he expected me to be last instead. But I was okay with that. I had proved him wrong.

"Okay, start counting, guys," Manny demanded in excitement, and we all covered our eyes. I started the counting, and everybody followed my lead.

"One o'clock"

"Two o'clock"

"Three o'clock"

"Four o'clock"

"Five o'clock"

"Six o'clock"

"Seven o'clock"

"Eight o'clock"

"Nine o'clock"

"Ten o'clock"

"Eleven o'clock"

"Midnight!" We all shouted, and ran off to find Manny. I started by looking closer to the houses. I knew Manny wasn't the best at hiding. He had a tendency to hide closer towards civilization. I had more of a tendency to hide further away from it. I was always drawn away from the houses. Especially towards the lake and the old, broken down playground. It always seemed to mean something special, but only to myself, it seemed. I did not understand why. Right, the game! I laughed at myself for just about forgetting the game. However, as soon as I started looking, I heard Sami scream "Ghost in the Graveyard!"