seven

4 days later....

Chris🤎

The ball shooting machine sounded and I caught it

The ball shooting machine sounded and I caught it. Went back a bit and then I threw that bih all the way across from the field, making it arch real smooth and Sasha caught it on the other side.

"Yess that's great." she whistled. "Again."

I caught another ball and threw it again and this time it went a lil further so Sash had to run a bit. But she caught that shit beautifully before falling on the floor.

''Oh shit.'' I ran over to her to check if she was aight.

''I got it.'' she groaned a bit tryna get up.

''You aight Sha?'' I said holding out my hands to help her up. As she got up I got lost in her eyes, hoping I never had to look away again.

The tension between us was undeniably strong and it was hard for me to control myself.

''Yeah. I-I'm straight. Nice toss, C.'' she said breaking the silence and I small smiled.

''Thanks. Should we call it a day? I'm starving.'' I held my stomach and she nodded grabbing her phone.

''Yeah the team boutta start practice anyways.'' she said and we started walking off the field.

When we got to the tribunes, Kenan and Kayla was cheesing they asses off at us.

''Hey y'all.'' Sasha smiled at them and then she looked back at me.

''Why they smiling like that?'' she softly asked and I shook my head moved my shoulders up and down.

''What, y'all?'' I asked.

''Nothing. We just glad y'all getting along again.'' Kayla crossed her arms and smiled. Me and Sasha shared a small look before focusing on them again.

''How was practice, cuh?'' Kenan changed the subject.

''Light work.'' I sniffed and Sasha mugged me.

''Remind me to have you running 20 extra laps tomorrow and do more drills.'' she said and my eyes widened.

''I was playing.'' I quickly spoke. ''Yeah that's what you hoped, nigga. Come lets go cus I'm hungry.'' she slapped my arm and we all left.

''I'ma hit the showers. Meet at Zaxby's in 30?'' I spoke and Sasha nodded.

''Bet.'' I small smiled and I started walking to my car.

''Holdon cuh, lemme join you.'' Kenan jogged to my car and we got in.

I put on Get Back - Pop Smoke lowly in the car.

''So you ready for them tryouts?'' Kee asked as I pulled out campus.

''Fasho. Sasha been on my ass making sure I'm straight, so yeah.'' I bopped my head to the music.

''Yeah I'm sho. So what's up with y'all though?'' he smiled.