chpt 7

Fadimatu felt sad.

Every year she looked forward to the two months they spent in their farm house. She missed working on the farm and playing with the animals or riding her horse.

Though in Abuja, she owned a food company were she supplies restaurants with quality products. She loved her work.

The main reason why she decided to study agriculture was because everyone looked down on it and because she chose it, they looked down on her too. The only people who truly believed in her were her father and yunus. He always supported her because she resembled her mother so much, he saw his mother in her, very ambitious. And of course her agriculture teacher in school, he would naturally support anyone following his footsteps. She was his favourite student and though other students saw it as her trying to get close to every teacher, she saw it as her having a mentor to support her when she was looked down at.

And now? She owned her own company, which she made on her own; with a little help from her father. A company that earned her alot of money and she even employed like three of her secondary school classmates. She didn't rub it in their face, she tried to act casual with them at work.

They had returned to Abuja two days ago and the new stock was coming this week, she went to work early so she could supervise everything, she didn't want to get annoyed if the work is not done to her taste.

"Ma'am, you have a meeting today". Her secretary, Leila told her.

"Reschedule it. I'm going to be busy today".

"This meeting was rescheduled for today from two months ago before you left for your holiday". Fadimatu rose her head to look at her.

"Holiday? I was working my ass off!".

"Sorry ma. I think the meeting should hold".

"Okay, I'll do it before I go down to the inventory".

"Yes ma". Leila left her office.

Fadimatu looked down at the pappers in front of her. It was a list of restaurants and hotels they were going to supply this whole week. After she finished analysing them, she checked her contract with each one, so she wouldn't make a mistake of supplying to a place where their contract had ended. She ticked the expired ones off and an hour later, Leila was back for her.

She stood up, slipped her boots back on, adjusted the scarf around her head and went out of her office with Leila. They walked quietly, only the faint thomp of fadimatu's boots and the clink of Leila's heels were heard. Finally, they got to the conference room and she froze on her first step in.

"Finally, do you know how hard it is to get to you?!". The man sitting behind the long table said with a smile.

"Is it him I'm meeting?". Fadimatu asked Leila and she nodded.

"I'm already here, I might as well just get this over with". She walked further into the room and sat on her seat. Leila sat opposite the man and fadimatu motioned for him to begin.

"Yes...". He stood up.

"I am Khalil tukur and I'm here to represent The Palace View Hotel". Fadimatu stared at him with a bored expression.

She remembered when she wanted to start her company and was looking for investors. When, she went to their hotel, he had stood up in the meeting room like now and said.

"This business has no future. I know this girl from school, she doesn't want to make profit, she wants to feed her ego. When there is a loss, only we will suffer, she has daddy to run to". After he said that, she didn't bother to convince his bosses again or wait for what they were going to say, she just packed her things and left quietly.