⚡️Calum⚡️

"I just met the most beautiful girl in the world!"

I glanced up from my phone with a raised eyebrow as Luke burst into the house through the front door. He was obviously wasted from the party he had just returned from.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Phoebe asked from my side, squeezing my hand tightly as her brother neared us.

"I met this girl tonight. I got her number and everything and she's just...wow." My friend's eyes were glazed over by alcohol, a dreamy smile on his face.

"Dude, you're hammered," Zack said from the other couch. "You're going to have the worst headache. How much did you drink?"

The blonde counted on his fingers for a minute. "I can't remember. But this girl-"

"Did you actual get her name?" I asked, practically holding Phoebe down beside me.

"Tamara Tomlinson," he replied with a sigh. "She was-"

"Beautiful," Phoebe repeated, rolling her eyes and biting at her lip ring uncomfortably. "We get it."

"Luke, man, you need to back up a bit," Madison said nervously, eyeing my girlfriend's attitude at his proximity to her. "Phoebe's kind of looking on edge."

"What?"

Before I could stop her, Phoebe pounced on him, clawing at his throat viciously. Luke screamed, trying to push her off, but his movements were sluggish. I leaped up and managed to yank her away from him.

"Luke!" I yelled. "You need to be more careful, drunk or not! Get it through your head: stay away from Phoebe!"

He was breathing heavily on the ground, clutching his throat.

"I..." He gulped, taking a deep breath. "I don't know what came over me. That girl, she...it's like she had a spell on me or something."

Zack, Madison, and I all exchanged nervous looks.

"Luke, you don't think...you don't think she might have had powers, do you?" Madison asked carefully.

Luke sat up slowly, still rubbing his throat.

"I...I don't know. She was really tall, I know that, almost my height. She wasn't even wearing heels or anything, though. Her eyes...there was something about her eyes. When she looked at me, they almost seemed to glow. They were brown, then they were purple, like her hair. I think I saw a scar behind her left ear, but I might have just been really wasted at that point."

"And you say you got her number? I want to check this girl out," Phoebe gasped, my arms wrapped around her tightly to prevent another attack. "I want a picture or something."

"Phoebe!"

My girlfriend scoffed. "Get your drunk-ass mind out of the gutter, Luke. I just want to see what she looks like."

"I didn't manage to get a picture tonight," he said slowly, his voice slowly turning to a drunken slur. "But I kind of invited her to come over tomorrow."

I nearly let go of Phoebe, regaining my grip at the last second.

"Dude, are you crazy?" Zack asked, both him and Maddie sitting up in alarm as well. "People are still looking for 'CalPal'! What if she suspects him or some shit?"

"Then Calum doesn't have to meet her," Luke replied, waving his hand lazily in my direction. "Calum can stay at home and take care of the baby or something."