Chapter 4. Smitten

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

•───•⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇•───•

Han stares at Minho's hand, idly waiting for him to take a hold as it sits directly in front of his vacant gaze. Minho's heart melts as he watches Han, dazed and confused, likely flustered at his appearance and his question.

Jeongin and Changbin pay zero attention to the interaction as they continue to argue over meaningless food that Changbin clearly wanted to eat. Chan finally sits down and begins to eat himself, watching Hyunjin splash Felix in the pool. Seungmin was already getting back into the water, refilling his water gun in preparation to snipe one of his friends.

"Hannie?" Minho finally stirs Han awake from his trance, his hand thoughtlessly reaching up and grabbing onto Minho's, accepting the offer with a clouded mind. Han blinks rapidly a few times, standing from his seat as Minho leads him towards the pool hand in hand. No one seems to question the soft touch of their hands as they walk along the side of the pool before reaching the stairs. Minho steps down onto the first step, wincing at the sudden cool of the water against his skin. Jeongin wasn't kidding.

Han follows him, already used to the temperature as he walks in without worry, settling into waist-deep water. Han turns around, watching Minho slowly make way into the pool, adjusting to the temperature one literal step at a time.

"Aye," Minho grimaces as he commits to walking all the way in, hands reaching out as he paces towards Han, listening to Han laugh at him.

"You're such a baby." Han chuckles, unaware of the looming shark coming up behind him.

"Shh-" Minho shakes his head. "Why is it so damn cold?"

"It's not that cold," Han laughs at him, suddenly feeling a small wave of water push up his back. He turns around to face Seungmin, who was rushing them with his water gun, armed and ready.

"Shit!" Han ducks down as Seungmin fires, water spraying directly at Minho's face. Minho sees this though, covering his face with his hands as water is fired at his skin. Han quickly spins around in defense, hand pushing through the water as he shoves a splash towards Seungmin. This catches him off guard as water collides with his upper body, which in turn stops Seungmin from firing for a second. This opening gives Minho the chance to also send water toward their attacker, the larger wave splashing upwards towards his face.

"Hey! Hey!" Seungmin laughs, using his free hand to try and block the onslaught of water being pushed towards him.

"You deserve it!" Hyunjin yells from behind them, laughing at the chaos at the shallow end of the pool. Seungmin backs up while laughing, retreating to the safety of the deep end where he suddenly realizes that Han and Minho wouldn't follow.

Han looks over at Minho, now suddenly wet from head to toe. "Is the water still cold?"

"No, Jisung." Minho rakes a hand through his half-wet hair, pushing wet locks out of his vision.