A True Boogieman

Have you ever feared what was under your bed? The Boogieman, monsters, small unknown creatures just lurking... waiting. And what if there was something under your bed worse than all them combined. Only resurfacing after ever century under the bed of the unluckiest boy or girl. What does he do with them no one knows? Where does he take them only God can foresee? Mr. and Mrs. Duncan and their son Johnny have just moved into a nice house in Bramville, Florida. Their sons imagination was already a wild one and it's bout to become wilder 'cause they have just enter The Devil's Wormhole.

The story begins with Mr. and Mrs. Duncan unloading boxes from their car into semi-furnished home. While they were busy unloading Johnny was playing in the backyard with he's ball. He bounced the ball joyously running up and down, trying not to get in the way of his parents. Johnny while trying to regenerate his energy he heard something in his ear, calling him Johnny Johnny. He looked around not seeing anything put the nicely cut green grass and parts of his play set they unloaded earlier. He heard it again now pinpointing the location of the sound, turning his head rapidly facing the upper right corner of the house where the window to his room was, a shadow of something walk cross the window. Yet he knew that the shadow wasn't of a man for it was shape strange like pointed up like a spike coming from the shoulder (and he was pretty sure it wasn't Lady GaGa).

Johnny ran to tell his mom and dad of this. Stopping his mom first caring a box marked kitchen. He told her in a frantic voice that there was a monster in his room. His mother mildly annoyed that her son already started making stories of the house just rolled her eyes told him that there was nothing there and went on her way. Then he went pass her to tell his father of what he saw. His father being the manly man type thought to himself that it was better to nip this in the bud. So he grabbed his son's arm and ran him upstairs to his room. Swinging his room door open he saw as expected...nothing. His son quickly told him to look around the room. His room was the first one finish now all they had to do was unbox everything. He checked the closet, nothing, he checked under bed, nothing. Johnny was a little reassured, they went out the door when Johnny out of the corner of his eye saw the shadow again. "Look daddy look" he told him. His father rapidly turned around only to see nothing.

He sternly told his son that if he keeps imagining things he'll imagine stars soon. Johnny took the hint and went on his way. No one will believe you Johnny. You will be mine. He heard, it was the sound of pure evil, scrappy and taunting, yet more afraid of seeing stars than hearing voices he kept quite. The evening went on as regular they ate watched DVD's everything was perfectly normal. Until it was time for bed.

Johnny's mother went up to his room with him. She tucked him into bed sheepishly, then she checked in the closet then under the bed to finalize that there was no monster under it. This satisfied him well enough so she left the room. It didn't take long before a brush of wind flew passed Johnny. He got up and checked to see if the windows were open... nope, closed. Johnny, johhny come out and play. I won't bite...yet Hahaha. Johnny went screaming into his parents room. His hands were waving in the air while he was running. He slamed the room door open with all of his might, yell "I hear the monster, I hear the monster". His parent quickly rose from the bed staring at their hopefully not delusional son. He told them the story which they did not believe. Yet not in the mood to argue or get out of the bed really, they allowed him to sleep in their room.

The next morning no one mentioned the little incident of the previous night. The day went on as normal. He's parents worked on putting the finishing touches on the house. Johnny didn't go near the room that day at least not without his mom or dad.

The night come quickly, darkness fell with only the moon to accompany it. The moonlight shined directly into Johnny's room through the window. Making a circle in the middle of the floor.

Johnny decided that he was going to sleep in his room tonight. His mother was shocked at his sudden recovery, just under 19 hours. The creaked opened as his mother's hand pushed against it .The routine was the same as the night before. His mother checked everything...twice. Again she found nothing, yet he was not satisfied but seeing the look of tiredness on his mother's face he knew not to push he's luck.

The room fell silent after she left. The eerie quietness surrounded the room, even if Hermes (god of thieves) himself were to try and sneak in he would be heard. Johnny feared this more than the noise, everyone expects noise when they believe someone...or something is about to hurt them, but the silence was what he feared most.

The silence broke after a while. The room of the closet door swung open. Making Johnny yelp with horror. There was nothing in the closet. So he just stared in the abyss of the closet, while it stared back. Suddenly his bed started to shaking, up and down side to side progressing in power. Back so soon. I thought you weren't coming back till next week, but this is better. Johnny jumped out of the bed to the door. No no no you're not going to escape this time. "HELP HELP!!! Mommy , daddy." He heard his parents rush to the door yet to no avail. Your soul and flesh will be mine hahaha-. By this time he saw that on floor with the moonlight, the window and the trees from outside it made a perfect star within a circle. And being an avid movie lover he know that, that was not a good sign.-I wonder what I will eat first. COME OVER HERE!!!. The banging processed to kicking. Flames roared up from the around the circle the inside crumpled up making way for HIM. The kicking did nothing but make noise accompanying Johnny's screams. He yelled so much till his voice was scraping. But He didn't mind, He enjoyed it very much. He motioned for the boy to come. He rose in mid-air; his body was stiff with terror. He stood with knees bent and arched back, with his knees being fairly close to his ankle which made Him look strange. That was what he last Johnny saw before He grabbed him. I told you,you would be mine HAHAHA. They spun in to the hole. The door burst open to see their son gone and the burn stain on the ground. His mother clasped on the floor.

Where did little Johnny gone, to a vast hole with pure darkness and no return. What is HE doing to him, slowly consuming his making sure his Soul and Flesh is being persevered to last a century? Know body knows and you wouldn't want to find out. As you see here there is a thin line in a kids imagination and reality, no matter how far fletch it is. So if your child said has seen strange creature lurking in the nook and cranny of his room, maybe you have just entered the Devil's wormhole.