We have money.

ALIA'S POV: 

"Ours."

What? How? Why?

"Ours? Why?" I asked.

"Well, Madam. Kya 2 saal hotel mai rehne ka irada hai aapka?" He said while walking towards me.

(Are you planning to live in the hotel for 2 years?)

Oh! YES! How could I forget that!? We were living at a hotel until now! Oh god! How can I be so dumb?

"Yes...right!"

He came closer to me and held the sides of my waist with both his hands.

"Let's see the rest of the apartment, hm?"

"Uhm." I smiled and nodded.

It was a 2 BHK apartment with 2 balconies, one attached to the master bedroom and one to the living room. 2 washrooms, a kitchen, a living room and a laundry kum store room.

All in shades of white, beige and neutral colours.Really warm and cosy. Just how I like it.

Everything is so beautiful... I love it. How did he know that I like such
interior ?

After looking at the apartment we sat at the couch in the living room.

He looked at me and asked, "So. Are you satisfied or you want to see another apartment? We can always change you know. The price is almost the same for all of them."

"No. It's so good. But Dhruv....when did you get this?"

"Yesterday."

That is what he was busy with? But in just one day...It's not possible.

"So soon? How?"

"I have contacts."

I knitted my eyebrows and he continued, "Dad has. His friend owns this building complex."

"Really? And what is the price?"

"Hm...I took it on rent seeing that we won't be living our whole lives here."

"Okay, fair enough.....How much is the rent?"

"It's not much. Just one lakh. Per month." He said.

"What? DHRUV!! That's too expensive! What were you even thinking? Did you rob a bank?"

I knew it was going to be expensive...but one lakh for rent is just too much!

"Hey...Aalu. Calm down!" He said.

How can I calm down ??? Is he out of his mind!?

He held my cheek and leaned forward. I could hear his faint breadthing and feel the air shift around us.

"Baby, we have money."

We.

"That doesn't mean we have to waste it, you know!" I protested.

"You like this, don't you? It's what you always wanted right? That is all that matters."

How. did. he. know.? Now I am very curious .

"I do. But how do you know?" I asked.

He looked away, "I...I heard you talking to my mom once. About this."

He scratched his temple with his finger. 

"I was talking to your mom about what kind of interior I like?"

"Uhm..." He nodded.

When..did I?

Oh! I did! But that was four years ago. And he heard it? And he remembers?