Part One Of Three

<Nico>
Nico watched the demons pass through as they went to the place they belonged in the Underworld. It was sometimes painful to watch the demons think that they would be happy no matter where they went in the Underworld. He had lived down here his entire life and nothing seemed happy, even though it may have been to the demons. Everything was depressing. Or maybe that was just the way he saw it because of not having any true reason to be happy.

“Niccolo.” Hades, Nico’s father, called. He cringed. He hated being called by his full name.

“Yes, father?” Nico replied.

“I’m sending you up to Olympus.”

Silence…

“Did you hear me?”

“Why?”

“So when you are king of the Underworld, you are prepared to go up there to meet with your aunts and uncles to give them updates on what’s happening down here.”

“Ugh.”

“Don’t give me that.”

“Fine.”

He sighed. He knew it was going to be a lot of bright and slap-happy people. He went to his room and decided to dress as miserable as he could. He grabbed a My Chemical Romance shirt and black jeans. To step it up, he grabbed a choker that had skulls all over it. He grabbed a few clip-on chains and attached them to his belt loops. He walked out into the throne room and smiled the moment he heard his father sigh.

“Seriously, Niccolo?” Hades asked. Nico laughed and walked out of the castle.

“If we are going to Olympus, shouldn’t we go already?” Nico yelled, laughing.

“You didn’t let me finish. You know you are going by yourself, right?”

“Excuse me?! Are you serious?”

“As a heart attack.”

“Ugh.”

“Get over it.”

“You still have to take me, right?”

“Actually, Apollo is taking you.”

“UGH!”

“Sorry.”

Nico shadow-traveled outside and almost immediately was greeted by Apollo. And Apollo wasn’t alone.

“Oh, Nico! Hey!” Percy said. He hopped off the chariot and hugged Nico. Nico hugged him back and smiled in relief. At least he would be with someone he actually liked being around.

“You are so lucky that you get to go to Olympus. I have to go help my father in the ocean.” Percy said. Talk about a punch in the gut.

“I’m guessing you are just tagging along.” Nico asked.

“Yeah.”

“Well, I guess I get to suffer alone, then.”

“Oh, it won’t be that bad.”

Nico gave Percy that look and he shut up.
“Are you ready?”

“Yes.”

“No.”

Apollo and Percy frowned and looked at Nico. Nico shrugged them off. He just wanted to get this done and over with. He sat down and waited for Percy and Apollo to get in the chariot. They both got in and started heading towards Olympus. When they got there, Apollo stopped and went to help Nico get out. Nico looked at Apollo and jumped over the side of the chariot, not in any kind of mood for people being nice to him.

“Are you serious, kid?” Apollo asked.

“Look, I already don’t want to be here as is. I DEFINITELY don’t want people being all happy and nice to me. Aside from Perseus.” Nico said, making Apollo frown and Percy smile.

“Whatever. Let me, at least, introduce you to my son.” Apollo insisted. Nico shrugged and watched as Apollo walked into Olympus. He waited for Apollo to come back.

“Come on, Will. Don’t be shy.” Apollo said to someone behind him when he came back.

“I’m not being shy. It’s just, Hades, the exact opposite of you, Dad.” Will said, stepping out from behind him. He looked at Nico and waved. Nico couldn’t help but blush. His gay panic was kicking in. Will was hot. He wore an orange shirt, cargo shorts, and had a flannel tied around his waist. Nico waved back.

“Hi.” Nico said.

“Hi, I’m William Solace. You can call me Will.” Will replied.

“I’m Nico di Angelo.”

“His full first name is Niccolo.” Percy said from behind Nico. Nico’s face became even more red.

“SHUT UP!” Nico yelled at Percy. Nico screamed and just hid in the chariot since there was nowhere else to hide. He curled up and buried his face in his arms. He heard the chariot shift like someone had gotten in it. He looked up and saw Will sitting next to him.

“You okay?” Will asked, brushing a strand of hair out of Nico’s face.

“Just a little embarrassed, I guess.” Nico replied, slightly blushing again. He was just hoping that the blush wasn’t visible. With how pale he was, it was easy to tell when he blushed, and Percy sometimes teased him relentlessly about it.

“Oh, by the way, nice shirt.” Will said. Nico looked at him.

“Thanks. You like My Chemical Romance, too?”

“Yeah. I like their song called teenagers.”

“Same!”

“Not to interrupt your guys’ conversation but I still have to get Percy to the ocean.” Apollo said. The two looked at each other and laughed. They both got up and walked into Olympus, talking about My Chemical Romance and their music.
They were bonding, and Nico actually liked it.