𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 1 » 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑖𝑒 𝐵𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑛

So we'll soar
Luminous and wired
We'll be glowing in the dark

[Charlie Brown - Coldplay]
_________________________________________

Amelia

Flying with fantasy would not satisfy his imagination at that moment.
Not even a little.
After months of hard work I had managed to accumulate enough money to buy a ticket for the Coldplay concert.
I had worked so hard; that I had also started working in the cafeteria next door, to get the right money for my ticket, and for that of my best friend Valentina.
Who at that very moment was cursing at having finished the last drop of water in her bottle.
We were there under the scorching sun from the day before, queuing to be able to open the best seats on the lawn.
And we had just entered for four hours, it was only 15 minutes before the concert started.
I suspected it was just us Italians in Seaclose Park in the UK.
Apart from my brother, of course; he had moved four years before to England to follow his modeling career.
I still couldn't believe it.
«Did you have any water left?» I looked down at the last bottle she had left and then looked up at my best friend.
«I think we should keep it for later»
I answered her by placing it in my backpack and then closing the zipper.
«How much more is there?» Valentina asked for the fiftieth time that day.
«you waited 24 hours, I think you can wait another 10 minutes»
I lifted up again, my eyes to the sky and pulled up from the towel I had laid out, to sit in expectation.
I folded it and put that in my backpack.
«When did he say that we will see your brother?»
My friend imitated my gestures, getting up and also storing her towel in the bag.
«he sends me a message tomorrow morning to inform me of the place and time»
Valentina nodded and turned her gaze towards the stage; while I checked her watch again. They should have started any moment.

Not even the time to think that screams came up behind me.
I turned my gaze to the stage and saw the four boys come up and greet the audience.
I smiled and grabbed the camera in my pocket to take a picture of the guys on stage.
Valentina approached me to whisper something to me, but I didn't hear because the music had just started.
Chris grabbed the microphone and began to sing the verses of the song.
Square One.
It was one of my favorites on that album; but in general, I loved the sound that Coldplay songs had.
Especially because when I had to write, I needed their songs as background; and I always liked that.
I went back to the present and focused on the guys playing.
I took some pictures trying to get the best side, like Valentina taught me.
I put my eye back in the camera to take another picture, and as I took it, Chris's eyes crossed mine.
I didn't notice until later, when I took off my camera from in front of my face and looked in front of me.
Chris was looking at me?
With all the people in that place at the time, were you looking at me?
I must have imagined it, it really wasn't possible.
Yet he was still looking at me.
I smiled genuinely at the singer and after a while he did the same; then looking away.
Why did I feel so excited when he looked at me?
Maybe it was just the moment.
It wouldn't have happened anyway.
A few minutes later when Chris grabbed his guitar and started playing Yellow, I had to change my mind.
Because he gave me another look right then.
My heartbeat started to accelerate and my breathing got a little heavier.
I was blinded by the smile he sent me.
I knew about his magical smile, but seeing him live was definitely something else.

«babe, is Chris Martin looking at you?»
I turned to Vale and smiled, nodding my head.
It was a very strange feeling, having the look of a famous person on; but somehow it made me feel really good.
It went on for a while.
I would photograph and film the boys playing with my camera and every now and then he would turn and smile at the camera and at me.
When the Clocks notes ended, the lights went out and I took the camera out of my face.
Then a light went back on and Chris was illuminated while holding the microphone in his hand.
Jonny, Guy and Will had each put away their instrument and looked at their friend.
«I will now choose a person, who will come on stage and sing a song with me»
Although I was quite good at English, I couldn't really absorb the words that had just come out of the singer's mouth.
Did he mean it?
Apparently, yes, since his eyes were turned towards me after he said those words.
He was looking at me and urging me to come on stage and join him to sing a song.
Vale next to me, was screaming in my ear to move me to get on stage.
I wasn't sure I could live without an eardrum.
Then I passed the barrier in front of the stage and grabbed Chris' hand, which helped me to get on stage, and then I turned towards the audience.
A shiver ran down my back, to my heels, when he touched my hand.
Was it possible to feel butterflies in the stomach with a simple touch?
Definitely, especially if he kept smiling at me like that.
Chris backed away, settled in front of the piano and then sat me down next to him.
He played a few keys, then he adjusted the microphone and turned to me.
«What's your name?»
She kept her lips away from the microphone, so that she wouldn't be heard from the audience and looked at me as she waited for my answer.