Chapter 15:The Misaki Stairs(Pt.5)

Tears stung my eyes.Ina...looked so lifeless.Flashbacks of her ragged, dirty form flashed before my eyes, plaguing my mind.She looked...as dead as when I found her on the street as I travelled to the castle.

  That shaking, quivering form seeking what warmth could be gained from an alley.Her shallow face, bearing the effects of years of malnutrition and starvation.Her listless, lifeless eyes, staring into my soul, so similar to mine until I was saved by Aoi

  Yet, there was a spark of hope behind those eyes.I recognised it, I had first-hand experience after all.They do say eyes were like a window to the soul.I could relate to Ina at the time, a child who suffered like me...I felt an urge to help her.So I did.

  "Ina..."I muttered, hot tears flowing down my face as I desperately tried to keep my composure.

  She was so close...yet so far.Such a cruel fate was unbecoming of such a small child.

  Suddenly, Ina's headless body falls unceremoniously from the ceiling, right in front of me.Her head came soon after, severed by the noose.

  I froze, then started shaking.

  "Yashiro..."Hanako-kun muttered, his face contorted in worry.

  'Misaki' sighed grimly, glaring at us. Suddenly, the same giant scissors as before appeared before me.'Misaki' was wielding it.It took me a while to realise they were aimed at me.Ah...they were closing.I would turn into a doll!!

  Suddenly, Kou appeared before me and blocked the scissors with his arm. No!I won't die if I am cut by the scissors but Kou...

  I reached out to him, afraid the scissors would cut through him like butter.However, I stopped when I saw that his hand became fabric-like with stitches on it.

  "Are you alright, My Lady?"Kou asked, adopting a protective stance in front of me.

  I nodded back, hand clutching the fabric of my clothes near my chest in effort to ease my panicked heart.I really thought Kou would have died there.

  The scissors opens up and tries to cut  us again when Hanako-kun jumps in and blocks it with his knife.

  "No.2's scissors can turn humans into  mannequins when she cuts them.So please be careful."Hanako-kun explained quickly.

  "Eh-but can't you use haku joudai?"I asked.

  Kou looked at me in confusion.

  Hanako-kun sighs as he shook his head, "I can't use that power in No.2's territory without her permission.Destorying her Yorishiro would also work, but alas-"

  Hanako-kun fended off another attempted slice of the scissors.

  "No.2's Yorishiro seems to be better hidden then I thought."Hanako-kun said.

  Suddenly, 'Misaki' appears behind Kou and swings her scissors.Kou grabs my waist and jumps away just in time.I reached out.'Misaki' had kicked Ina's corpse off the platform...

  Kou lets me go once we were safe but my knees gave out and I fell to the ground.A fresh wave of tears started trickling down the face.Ina's remains...They fell into the abyss.The final traces of her were gone.

  "Take over for a bit, knight!!"Hanako-kun said playfully, jumping back as the scissors sliced through the air Hanako-kun had occupied movements before.

  "WHAT?!How do you expect me to-"Kou muttered before 'Misaki' tried to attack him once again.

  Scowling, Kou unsheathed his sword and started exchanging blows with 'Misaki'.

  My vision was blurry from the tears, but I felt a hand rest on my shoulder.Then, I felt a numbing coldness, yet a slight warmth on my forehead.Hanako-kun had placed his forehead on mine.

  His amber eyes appeared so magnified and big.Hanako-kun's brows were furrowed, worry all too present in his eyes for me to see.He gently wiped away my tears just liked last time, before cupping my cheeks.

  "Nothing here is born or dead, there is still a chance we can save Ina.So stand up, Yashiro.It's not over yet.If you give up, what would all of this be for?"Hanako-kun consoles and encourages me, as he stood up and offered his hand.

  I sniffled and wiped away my tears another time.I reached out for his hand but then hesitated.All those times...they offered me a hand only to flick my hand away.

  Hanako-kun smiled at me.My eyes widened.No...he was not like them.I  reached out and grabbed his hand weakly.

  To my relief, his hand clasped around mine in a strong, affirming grip.Yet, it was gentle, so that it would not hurt my hand.A fresh torrent of tears gathered in my eyes again, but I blinked them away.

  I let myself be hoisted up by Hanako-kun.He then gave me a grin so warm it threatened to melt my heart.

  Stop...stop grinning at me that way.If you continue, how will everything go back to the way it was once all of this is over?

  °•How am I supposed to let go of you when the time comes??•°

  I opened my mouth to speak but only my choked gasps came out.Hanako-kun hugged me, which comforted me so much.

  I wish I could forget you, yet why does my heart ache at the thought of it?

     °•How can you comfort me so?•°

  I cried into Hanako-kun's shoulder, as he patted my back like how a parent would for a weeping child.

  "Then...I'll stay strong and do anything to assist you to save Ina!!"I proclaimed with newfound determination.

  If even the slightest chance still existed, I would try my best to save Ina.

  Hanako-kun then smirks evilly.

  "Good, cause I have a plan."Hanako-kun said.

  He then proceeds to start tying a rope around my waist.I cocked my head.

  "What's this for?"I asked.

  "Well, since the Yorishiro is not here, that must mean both it and your Ina's corpse is in the abyss.So~"Hanako-kun tugged at the rope, tying the knot tight.

  Before I had a chance to protest Hanako-kun pushes me off the edge while grinning gleefully.Oh damm that apparition!!To think I was thinking about how nice he was just moments ago!

  "AHH!!WHAT IN BLAZES-"I screamed.

  Author's Notes:This one came relatively fast :0 Hope y'all enjoy!! ><

+°•izora•°+