Chapter Eight: Well That's a Problem

"We have to find a way to fight against this stupid law," Eliza muttered.

        "I mean there's nothing much we can do," I replied, sighing.

        "Just when you think something changes..."

        "Seabrook never changed, Eliza, they're just good at pretending."

        "If zombies would've just rebelled in the beginning, we wouldn't have this problem. We need to take action!"

        "Um, Eliza, if you 'rebelled in the beginning' everyone would be dead. You're a zombie, might I remind you, therefore, everyone would be dead from your brain eating tendencies."

        "I guess you're right. But still! We need to rise up against this!" I laughed at her. As we continued walking, and chatting, I spotted Zed and Addison doing that couple fight, you know what I'm talking about.

        "Well I like you too much to leave you behind. I am so not going!" Addison stubbornly exclaimed.

        "Ugh, you even fight like a perfect couple," Eliza grumbled.

        "How's it going, Eliza?" Addison chuckled.

        "Oh you know, fighting injustice is keeping me busy."

        "And looking good doing it, zom-bae." They giggled.

        "Hey I want a zom-bae," I frowned, in a joking manner.

        Across the school we heard Bucky muttering some things to JC, and turned in his direction when he loudly said, "Addison, time to officially nominate me as president!" Then he continued babbling.

        "Of course Bucky is running. How did I not see this coming... cause all we need right now to top things off is a whacko school President. First the werewolves, now a mentally five year old in charge of our school..." I mumbled, mostly to myself but earned a few huffs of laughter and agreement from the surrounding bunch.

        "Oh don't pretend like you and Bucky aren't, like, best friends," Zed said. I gasped,

        "What?! He's such a dic-"

        Addison cut me off with a change of subject, "cheer could be so much more than just pom poming for Bucky.."

        Suddenly the Aceys approached us, "Umm, Addison, once we're cheer captain you are so off the team." 

        "And when I'm cheer captain, you'll be welcome to stay, because I'll be making cheer about bringing people together."

        Stacey responded, "that was awful trash talk!"

        "I know right? You'll never be cheer captain, freak." 

        Addison looked at us with a mixture of a sad and annoyed expression, "see ya."

        "I gotta find a way to get us to prawn."

        "There are werewolves out and about and you're focused on a stupid dance nobody will remember once they hit 29 years old? You've gotta get your priorities straight, man," I huffed. 

        Zed and me a 'seriously' look and Eliza said, "we could crash it. I mean we can't make the rules but we can break 'em!"

        Zed snapped his fingers. "But we can make the rules. We just need the right leader!" He rushed away, pulling Eliza with him.

        "This will be a disaster..."

————————

        "Ok, are there any more nominees for president? Just a reminder that being apart of student council means we get to hang. Anybody.. anybody wanna hang.. anyone want to.. hang out?" Principal Lee asked. This is gonna be a long assembly... I thought. 

        Music started playing, and Bucky cartwheeled up to the podium. 

        "Great news! We have a brilliant and cheer-testant candidate running for president this year... ME!" There was a huge applause. 

        Zed fell into a flip which turned into a fall, and landed near the podium, whilst screaming. Wow, way to go Zed. He stood up.

        "My name is Zed and I am running for president!"

        "Zed can't steal my spotlight! What about the whole anti monster.. thingy!" Bucky pouted.

        "Anyone can run for president Bucky," Addison yelled, the principal spoke in agreement.

        "Yeah! I mean they're letting you run," I said.

        "What's that supposed to mean?!" He asked me, to which I smirked.

        "Ok, if you vote for me, I will bring you PROSPERITY AND AWESOMENESS!" Zed continued, the crowd giving a cheer.

       "As your president, I will make Seabrook a place that embraces zombies and-"

        "-WEREWOLVES!" Bree cut him off, turning towards the glass door.

        "Um. No why would we want- WEREWOLVES!" He screamed, pointing at the door. Everyone turned around, and surely enough, there were werewolves. The wolves barged into the room, and everyone crowded against the wall together. The football players made there way to the front, me following behind them. Addison grabbed my arm,

        "What are you doin?! Are you crazy??" I slapped her hand away and moved to the front, holding a defensive stance, and glaring. The werewolves made an advance to Addison, and Zed had the football team join in front of her.

        "Where's the moonstone white hair?" The wolf in the front ask, I assume she's the leader. I look next to her to see a guy. He seemed to be examining my stance, with a confused look of his face. Something about him seemed familiar. 

        "Our razor sharp claws will gut 'em and splatter their blood!" Another female wolf replied, next to the said boy.

        "Wolves! On my command," the, probable, leader instructed. The werewolves started growling, and held up their claws, but the boy from earlier whispered something in the leader's ear, and she commanded them to stop.

        "Sorry, we werewolves just so admire your town. And we came here to.. join your school!" The lease said, with a fake ass smile. I can't believe this, nobody's gonna fall for this right?? Right??

        "What? They can't join our school!" Bucky said, and for once, I agreed.

        "Well technically the forbidden first is in the school district," Coach said. Seriously? How does Bucky have more common sense then an adult in the moment. How ridiculous. 

        "So welcome to seabrook!" Addison exclaimed. Her and a few werewolves exchanged a small (relieved) laugh.

        "What?!" I said, so flabbergasted it wasn't even funny, Zed appeared to have to same reaction. Addison gave me a look that had 'don't be rude' written all over it.

        I don't know how, but I ended up exiting the room alongside Bucky and his fools.

        "I can't believe Addison is letting in those.. those.. bloodthirsty monsters. But then again, it is Addison," Bucky said, JC nodded, having no original thoughts whatsoever.

        "I, for once, agree with you Bucky," I mumbled, and I swear I saw him smile for a second.

        "Finally using your brain this time, eh?"

        "You've got this the wrong way around bud, this time you're using your brain, which I didn't know you had," I remarked. Any reminisce of Bucky smiling was long gone.

        "Shut up, freak," he muttered.