Chapter 89

[July 21, 2024]

Beatrice 

We've been back home for a few days, and it's been weird having to adjust to my Newark body clock. I'm getting used to the sounds of a city that's always on the go, I'm readjusting to always being on the go, but I missed it dearly. Having a peaceful and slow summer is key when my job is so fast. 

I get up around 8 am with the help of three alarms. Jack groans into my neck, not wanting to let go of me. "Five more minutes, please." he pleads with me, tightening his hold on my body. "Work. I need to get ready for work." I try to stay strong and force myself to wake up, but he's what has caused me to need a third alarm. This alarm means "Get up now!" 

I roll on top of him which he really likes but use my position to get out of bed. Jack groans and grabs my pillow, holding it to his chest. "You're evil." he mumbles, wrapping the blankets over his shoulders. I hurry to the restroom to get ready as fast as possible with minimal distractions, because once Jack is fully out of bed he'll be trying his best to make me late for work. 

Also yeah, Jack is still sleeping at my apartment with me. I'm not sure why but a part of me thought he would go back to his regular routine and living situation once we got back from Greece. He stayed over with me during playoffs and then we shared a room for our entire vacation. I'm not tired of him but doesn't he miss going home? 

Does he even call that place home anymore? I wonder as I apply my blush onto my cheeks. I hear the springs in my mattress squeak and I know my alone time is being cut short. I move at a faster rate and start curling my hair. As I finish the bottom half of my hair Jack walks in with two mugs of coffee and his journal. 

His eyes are still a little swollen from being tired, but that doesn't make them any less beautiful. "You don't wanna write on your desk gorgeous?" I put my curler down to squeeze and softly caress his chin. He shakes his head and says, "No, I like having you close by when I write. I'm still not used to having to be apart for work." The word work rolls off his tongue with venom. 

I thank him for the coffee and take a sip before continuing to curl the rest of my hair while Jack scribbles in his journal. He'll occasionally drop his pen and read over his words as he squeezes my hip. The touch is gentle and makes me wish it were still the summertime so I could soak every touch in and not worry about it being unprofessional.

Once my hair is all done, I unplug my curler and put on my outfit. I choose some black slacks and a red top. As I tuck in the front of my shirt Jack starts getting ready as well. "Where are you going?" I giggle, watching him pull on some sweats and a hoodie. "I'm going to drive you to work." he says with a smile, heading to the bathroom to brush his teeth. 

Is he being serious? I mean he is getting ready, but who knows? I start packing everything into my bag since today the rookies are taking a break from all their training for some media. I informed Lindy that this was crucial and he agreed since our main consumers were the girls wanting to come see Jack. 

My regular posts are for everyone but the fun videos the ones where they get to show off their personalities are for the people that want them. Today we'll be working with Seamus, Ethan, Alexander, Simon, and a few other guys but those are the well-known rookies. I swing my bag over my shoulder and listen to Jack grab the car keys.

He spins the keys on his finger and kisses Bruce and Ringo on the head. "I'll be back," he tells them before grabbing my bag and carrying them to his car. Every day he is alive he raises my standards. He opens my car door, helps me in, and passes my camera bag to me. Once I'm settled inside he walks to the driver's side and turns the car on.